5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Corrosive and bitingly trenchant.
- b verb: To classify, include, or incorporate in a larger, more comprehensive category or to be reclassified under a more general principle; to contain or include.
- c adjective: Causing grief, pain, or anguish.
- d adjective: Obstinately or stubbornly disobedient. (obdurate, recalcitrant).
- e noun: The loss of sounds in the interior of a word.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: Words with same sound and often the same spelling, but differ in meaning.
- adjective: Exhibiting great immaturity and lack of judgment.
- noun: The state or quality of requiring much effort or immediate action.
- noun: The willful giving of false testimony under oath.
- noun: One who seeks favor, especially by insincere flattery or obsequious behavior.
5 True/False questions
Hidebound → adjective: Stubbornly prejudiced, narrow-minded, or inflexible.
Incorrigible → noun: One who seeks favor, especially by insincere flattery or obsequious behavior.
Miasma → noun: The wing of a bird.
verb: To restrain or immobilize by binding the arms.
Foment → noun: Words with same sound and often the same spelling, but differ in meaning.
Beguile → verb: To deceive by guile; to delude.