5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Somatic nervous system
- Where do you find the nucleus in a neuron?
- Name the three parts of the brain we discussed.
- a Cerebrum, cerebellum, brainstem
- b Chemicals produced in your glands and which are messengers. These chemicals travel through the blood stream telling cells or organs what to do and when to do it
- c In the cell body
- d Bundles of neural axons running together. They gather information from inside and outside the body and send it to the brain. They also carry commands from the brain to the body
- e The part of the peripheral nervous system that is responsible for the voluntary movements you make
5 Multiple choice questions
- The condition that occurs when all of the systems in your body are working together to maintain a stable, healthy condition
- The gland in your brain that is the central controller for many other hormone releasing glands
- It makes and releases hormones to control activities in the body.
- The part of the neuron that transmits information from the nucleus to the different parts of the body
- The system that operates through hormones to coordinate and control many of the activities that go on in your body
5 True/False questions
Motor Neurons → A type of neuron that is found between (and connects) other neurons
What does a sensory neuron do? → It takes information to the brain or spinal cord
What part sends the information on its way? → It makes and releases hormones to control activities in the body.
Peripheral Nervous System → Contains the brain and spinal cord
Gland → A special organ in your body that produces a chemical which your body needs