5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Somatic nervous system
- What is the autonomic nervous system?
- Autonomic nervous system
- Cerebral Cortex
- Myelin sheath
- a The fatty tissue wrapped around an axon that allows information to travel more quickly down the axon
- b The part of the peripheral nervous system that works automatically. It controls your smooth muscles so your organs can function without your thinking about them.
- c The part of the peripheral nervous system that is responsible for the voluntary movements you make
- d The folded outer part of your cerebrum
- e It is the part of the nervous system that covers the involuntary activities of your body.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cerebrum, cerebellum, brainstem
- The dendrite
- Bundles of neural axons running together. They gather information from inside and outside the body and send it to the brain. They also carry commands from the brain to the body
- A function of the brain that sorts and processes information, making it understandable and usable
- A type of neuron that is found between (and connects) other neurons
5 True/False questions
Gland → A special organ in your body that produces a chemical which your body needs
Dendrite → one of the "arms" of a neuron that reaches out in many directions and gathers information
Neurotransmitters → Chemicals at the end of an axon that transmit information from one neuron to another
Pituitary Gland → The gland in your brain that is the central controller for many other hormone releasing glands
Brainstem → one of the "arms" of a neuron that reaches out in many directions and gathers information