5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Motor Neurons
- What does a motor neuron do?
- What part sends the information on its way?
- Peripheral Nervous System
- a The axon
- b one of the "arms" of a neuron that reaches out in many directions and gathers information
- c Neurons that send information from your brain and spinal cord to your body, telling our muscles and other organs what to do
- d Contains nerves that spread out from the central nervous system to the outer edges of the body
- e It sends information from the brain or spinal cord to the muscles and organs of the body, telling them what to do.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The gland which is on the front of the neck and produces a hormone that speeds up the rate at which cells burn their fuel for energy
- The two part system (central and peripheral) that controls a huge number of activities in your body
- Neurons that send information to your spinal cord and brain for processing
- A type of neuron that is found between (and connects) other neurons
- It is the part of the nervous system responsible for the voluntary movements you make.
5 True/False questions
Brainstem → Connects the brain to the spinal cord and controls things like your breathing and heartbeat
What does the endocrine system ? → It takes information to the brain or spinal cord
Autonomic nervous system → The part of the peripheral nervous system that works automatically. It controls your smooth muscles so your organs can function without your thinking about them.
Name the three parts of the brain we discussed. → Cerebrum, cerebellum, brainstem
Cerebellum → The "little brain" that controls your complex muscle movements, helping you to maintain balance