5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the somatic nervous system?
- Thymus Gland
- Nervous System
- Sensory Neurons
- a It is the part of the nervous system responsible for the voluntary movements you make.
- b The gland that helps the body's defense system by producing hormones responsible for the development of a certain type of white blood cell
- c Chemicals at the end of an axon that transmit information from one neuron to another
- d The two part system (central and peripheral) that controls a huge number of activities in your body
- e Neurons that send information to your spinal cord and brain for processing
5 Multiple choice questions
- The system that operates through hormones to coordinate and control many of the activities that go on in your body
- The part of the neuron that transmits information from the nucleus to the different parts of the body
- The axon
- A special organ in your body that produces a chemical which your body needs
- Chemicals produced in your glands and which are messengers. These chemicals travel through the blood stream telling cells or organs what to do and when to do it
5 True/False questions
What is the autonomic nervous system? → It is the part of the nervous system that covers the involuntary activities of your body.
What does a motor neuron do? → It takes information to the brain or spinal cord
Synapse → one of the "arms" of a neuron that reaches out in many directions and gathers information
Peripheral Nervous System → Contains the brain and spinal cord
What does the endocrine system ? → It takes information to the brain or spinal cord