5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Where do you find the nucleus in a neuron?
- Name the three parts of the brain we discussed.
- What does the endocrine system ?
- Motor Neurons
- a It makes and releases hormones to control activities in the body.
- b Chemicals produced in your glands and which are messengers. These chemicals travel through the blood stream telling cells or organs what to do and when to do it
- c Cerebrum, cerebellum, brainstem
- d In the cell body
- e Neurons that send information from your brain and spinal cord to your body, telling our muscles and other organs what to do
5 Multiple choice questions
- The "little brain" that controls your complex muscle movements, helping you to maintain balance
- one of the "arms" of a neuron that reaches out in many directions and gathers information
- Contains the brain and spinal cord
- Chemicals at the end of an axon that transmit information from one neuron to another
- The part of the peripheral nervous system that is responsible for the voluntary movements you make
5 True/False questions
Adrenal Gland → The gland which is on the front of the neck and produces a hormone that speeds up the rate at which cells burn their fuel for energy
Peripheral Nervous System → Contains nerves that spread out from the central nervous system to the outer edges of the body
What does a sensory neuron do? → It takes information to the brain or spinal cord
What is the somatic nervous system? → It is the part of the nervous system that covers the involuntary activities of your body.
Nerves → Bundles of neural axons running together. They gather information from inside and outside the body and send it to the brain. They also carry commands from the brain to the body