5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Somatic nervous system
- Cell body
- Sensory Neurons
- a The part of the neuron that contains the nucleus and receives information from the dendrites
- b The part of the peripheral nervous system that is responsible for the voluntary movements you make
- c Neurons that send information to your spinal cord and brain for processing
- d The very tiny space between the axon terminal of one neuron and the dendrite of another
- e A function of the brain that sorts and processes information, making it understandable and usable
5 Multiple choice questions
- Contains the brain and spinal cord
- It takes information to the brain or spinal cord
- The part of the peripheral nervous system that works automatically. It controls your smooth muscles so your organs can function without your thinking about them.
- The gland which is on the front of the neck and produces a hormone that speeds up the rate at which cells burn their fuel for energy
- The largest part of the brain where most of your conscious actions are controlled and your thoughts are thought
5 True/False questions
Pituitary Gland → The gland in your brain that is the central controller for many other hormone releasing glands
What does the endocrine system ? → It makes and releases hormones to control activities in the body.
Where do you find the nucleus in a neuron? → It sends information from the brain or spinal cord to the muscles and organs of the body, telling them what to do.
Axon → The part of the neuron that transmits information from the nucleus to the different parts of the body
What part sends the information on its way? → It makes and releases hormones to control activities in the body.