5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Myelin sheath
- What does the endocrine system ?
- Cerebral Cortex
- Motor Neurons
- a The folded outer part of your cerebrum
- b Neurons that send information from your brain and spinal cord to your body, telling our muscles and other organs what to do
- c The fatty tissue wrapped around an axon that allows information to travel more quickly down the axon
- d A special organ in your body that produces a chemical which your body needs
- e It makes and releases hormones to control activities in the body.
5 Multiple choice questions
- It is the part of the nervous system that covers the involuntary activities of your body.
- The gland in your brain that is the central controller for many other hormone releasing glands
- The dendrite
- A function of the brain that sorts and processes information, making it understandable and usable
- Contains nerves that spread out from the central nervous system to the outer edges of the body
5 True/False questions
Synapse → The very tiny space between the axon terminal of one neuron and the dendrite of another
Nervous System → The part of the peripheral nervous system that is responsible for the voluntary movements you make
Sensory Neurons → Neurons that send information from your brain and spinal cord to your body, telling our muscles and other organs what to do
Dendrite → Bundles of neural axons running together. They gather information from inside and outside the body and send it to the brain. They also carry commands from the brain to the body
Cerebrum → The "little brain" that controls your complex muscle movements, helping you to maintain balance