5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does a motor neuron do?
- Peripheral Nervous System
- Cell body
- Name the three parts of the brain we discussed.
- a It sends information from the brain or spinal cord to the muscles and organs of the body, telling them what to do.
- b A function of the brain that sorts and processes information, making it understandable and usable
- c The part of the neuron that contains the nucleus and receives information from the dendrites
- d Cerebrum, cerebellum, brainstem
- e Contains nerves that spread out from the central nervous system to the outer edges of the body
5 Multiple choice questions
- The fatty tissue wrapped around an axon that allows information to travel more quickly down the axon
- The folded outer part of your cerebrum
- The condition that occurs when all of the systems in your body are working together to maintain a stable, healthy condition
- In the cell body
- The most important cells in the nervous system. They receive, store and process information, as well as send messages throughout the body
5 True/False questions
Interneuron → A function of the brain that sorts and processes information, making it understandable and usable
Sensory Neurons → Neurons that send information from your brain and spinal cord to your body, telling our muscles and other organs what to do
What is the somatic nervous system? → It is the part of the nervous system that covers the involuntary activities of your body.
Nerves → The most important cells in the nervous system. They receive, store and process information, as well as send messages throughout the body
Axon → The part of the neuron that transmits information from the nucleus to the different parts of the body