5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are tendons?
- reflexive action
- Which of those muscle kinds are voluntary and which are involuntary?
- smooth muscles
- What is muscle tone?
- a Partial contraction of your muscles throughout the day.
- b The tough fibers that connect your skeletal muscles to your bones.
- c these muscles have no striations or stripes; they can be found in blood vessels, stomach, intestines or bladder
- d Skeletal muscles are voluntary smooth and cardiac are involuntary.
- e when voluntary muscles move automatically without you consciously thinking about it
5 Multiple choice questions
- muscles you can control by thinking about it
- Skeletal, smooth and cardiac
- By elevating your heart rate for 30 minutes or more several times a week
- when a muscle becomes weak and shrinks when it is not used much
- these muscles open the joint wider; straightening at the joint
5 True/False questions
flexor muscles → these muscles close the joint; bending at the joint
What things did we discuss that help muscles move? → Partial contraction of your muscles throughout the day.
muscle fibers → when muscles are partially contracted
rapid eye movement sleep (REM sleep) → part of the sleep cycle where your eyes move a lot; there is high brain activity and relaxation of the large muscles
tendons → strong, flexible fibers that attach bones to skeletal muscles