5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- rapid eye movement sleep (REM sleep)
- biceps brachii
- Name two places in your body where you find smooth muscles
- a the strongest muscle in body which allows humans to open and close their mouths
- b part of the sleep cycle where your eyes move a lot; there is high brain activity and relaxation of the large muscles
- c Blood vessels, stomach, intestines, and bladder
- d even thinner strips of cells inside the myofibrils
- e muscle on the top of the upper arm
5 Multiple choice questions
- largest muscle in the body that connects the femur and the pelvic girdle
- pairs of muscles that work together so that when one muscle contracts, the other relaxes; they pull in opposite directions
- a disease which begins with the masseter tightening and preventing the jaw from opening; it is also called lockjaw
- Skeletal muscles are voluntary smooth and cardiac are involuntary.
5 True/False questions
voluntary muscles → these muscles close the joint; bending at the joint
How do you keep your cardiac muscles strong? → By elevating your heart rate for 30 minutes or more several times a week
What are antagonistic muscles? → Muscles that work opposite of each other.
What do muscles need to grow? → Partial contraction of your muscles throughout the day.
striations → the stripes in skeletal muscles