5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What things did we discuss that help muscles move?
- skeletal muscles
- smooth muscles
- What are the three kinds of muscle tissue in your body?
- a Skeletal, smooth and cardiac
- b Glucose, oxygen, vitamins and minerals
- c attach to bones and allow you to move
- d strong, flexible fibers that attach bones to skeletal muscles
- e these muscles have no striations or stripes; they can be found in blood vessels, stomach, intestines or bladder
5 Multiple choice questions
- the stripes in skeletal muscles
- a disease which begins with the masseter tightening and preventing the jaw from opening; it is also called lockjaw
- muscle on the bottom of the upper arm
- Blood vessels, stomach, intestines, and bladder
- even thinner strips of cells inside the myofibrils
5 True/False questions
antagonistic muscles → pairs of muscles that work together so that when one muscle contracts, the other relaxes; they pull in opposite directions
atrophy → when a muscle becomes weak and shrinks when it is not used much
Where is your Achilles tendon? → In the back of your ankle.
biceps brachii → muscle on the top of the upper arm
flexor muscles → these muscles open the joint wider; straightening at the joint