5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- rapid eye movement sleep (REM sleep)
- What things did we discuss that help muscles move?
- What do muscles need to grow?
- cardiac muscles
- What are tendons?
- a part of the sleep cycle where your eyes move a lot; there is high brain activity and relaxation of the large muscles
- b Glucose, oxygen, vitamins and minerals
- c Protein and exercise
- d The tough fibers that connect your skeletal muscles to your bones.
- e found in the heart; involuntary muscles
5 Multiple choice questions
- when muscles are partially contracted
- these muscles have no striations or stripes; they can be found in blood vessels, stomach, intestines or bladder
- these muscles open the joint wider; straightening at the joint
- when voluntary muscles move automatically without you consciously thinking about it
- Skeletal, smooth and cardiac
5 True/False questions
skeletal muscles → attach to bones and allow you to move
myofibrils → the stripes in skeletal muscles
paralyzed → when a person is unable to move a part of their body
triceps brachii → muscle on the bottom of the upper arm
What are antagonistic muscles? → Muscles that work opposite of each other.