5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name two places in your body where you find smooth muscles
- muscle tone
- What is muscle tone?
- a the strongest muscle in body which allows humans to open and close their mouths
- b Partial contraction of your muscles throughout the day.
- c strong, flexible fibers that attach bones to skeletal muscles
- d when muscles are partially contracted
- e Blood vessels, stomach, intestines, and bladder
5 Multiple choice questions
- skeletal muscle cell that are long and thin
- even thinner strips of cells inside the myofibrils
- the stripes in skeletal muscles
- found in the heart; involuntary muscles
- In the back of your ankle.
5 True/False questions
What are tendons? → The tough fibers that connect your skeletal muscles to your bones.
gluteus maximus → a disease which begins with the masseter tightening and preventing the jaw from opening; it is also called lockjaw
What things did we discuss that help muscles move? → Partial contraction of your muscles throughout the day.
rapid eye movement sleep (REM sleep) → part of the sleep cycle where your eyes move a lot; there is high brain activity and relaxation of the large muscles
Which of those muscle kinds are voluntary and which are involuntary? → Mitochondria