5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Red Bone Marrow
- Synovial Fluid
- a Joints that do not move.
- b Fluid that allows the joints to move more easily.
- c The bone cells that eat away at the spongy layer, causing your bones to get wider.
- d The outside layer of a bone: a thin, tough membrane.
- e This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In the ear
- This is the kind of bone marrow that consists primarily of cells which store fat.
- The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
- Thick, hard layer of bone under the periosteum.
- The bony supportive structure within the human body.
5 True/False questions
Femur → The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
What mineral makes compact bone strong and hard? → The femur
Name the different things that bones do for your body. → The femur
Vertebrae → Bones of the spinal column
Phalanges → The tough fiber that makes up part of the bone.