5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Can you name at least five other bones in your body by their scientific names?
- What is the rounded part of your skull called?
- Spongy bone
- a ...
- b The cranium
- c The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
- d The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
- e The cells that make new bones.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A firm but resilient material in the body and on the ends of bones that absorbs shock well and keeps the bones from getting hurt when they rub against one another.
- The outside layer of a bone: a thin, tough membrane.
- Bones of the spinal column
- The outer layer on a bone that has nerves and blood vessels.
- Thick, hard layer of bone under the periosteum.
5 True/False questions
Cranium → The bones of your skull that protect your brain.
What are the two kinds of bone marrow? → Red bone marrow and yellow bone marrow
Red Bone Marrow → This is the kind of bone marrow that consists primarily of cells which store fat.
What mineral makes compact bone strong and hard? → The femur
Sesamoid Bones → The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.