5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Spinal Column
- Red Bone Marrow
- What are osteoblasts?
- a Bones of the spinal column
- b A firm but resilient material in the body and on the ends of bones that absorbs shock well and keeps the bones from getting hurt when they rub against one another.
- c This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.
- d The cells that make new bone
- e The row of bones called vertebrae in the middle of the back that contains and protects the spinal cord.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They hold the bones together
- Red bone marrow and yellow bone marrow
- The outer layer on a bone that has nerves and blood vessels.
- The cells that make new bones.
- The bone cells that eat away at the spongy layer, causing your bones to get wider.
5 True/False questions
Which is the longest bone in your body? → In the ear
What is the rounded part of your skull called? → The cranium
Compact Bone → The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
Synovial Fluid → Fluid that allows the joints to move more easily.
Can you name at least one kind of joint? → Hinge joint
Ball and socket joint