5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the two kinds of bone marrow?
- Spongy bone
- Sesamoid Bones
- a The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
- b A mineral stored in your bones that helps keep your heart beating and your brain thinking. It also makes your bones strong.
- c Small, round bones that are often found in the hands and feet; the largest is the patella.
- d Bones of the fingers and toes
- e Red bone marrow and yellow bone marrow
5 Multiple choice questions
- Thick, hard layer of bone under the periosteum.
- The tissues that connect one bone to another bone.
- The cells that make new bone
- Bones of the spinal column
5 True/False questions
What do ligaments do? → They hold the bones together
What is the periosteum? → The outside layer of a bone: a thin, tough membrane.
Red Bone Marrow → This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.
Sutures → The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
Rib Cage → The bones that protect your heart and lungs.