5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Spinal Column
- Yellow Bone Marrow
- Name the different things that bones do for your body.
- a Bones of the fingers and toes
- b The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
- c The row of bones called vertebrae in the middle of the back that contains and protects the spinal cord.
- d This is the kind of bone marrow that consists primarily of cells which store fat.
- e They give you form and hold you up, they protect organs, they make blood cells, they store minerals and fats, and they help you move.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Thick, hard layer of bone under the periosteum.
- The outer layer on a bone that has nerves and blood vessels.
- Hinge joint
Ball and socket joint
- The group of bones that make up your head.
- Fluid that allows the joints to move more easily.
5 True/False questions
Can you name at least five other bones in your body by their scientific names? → ...
Collagen → The tough fiber that makes up part of the bone.
Spongy bone → The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
What mineral makes compact bone strong and hard? → Calcium
Skeletal System → The outside layer of a bone: a thin, tough membrane.