5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the periosteum?
- Sesamoid Bones
- Rib Cage
- a The outside layer of a bone: a thin, tough membrane.
- b Small, round bones that are often found in the hands and feet; the largest is the patella.
- c The bones that protect your heart and lungs.
- d Joints that do not move.
- e The outer layer on a bone that has nerves and blood vessels.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.
- This is the kind of bone marrow that consists primarily of cells which store fat.
- The bones of your skull that protect your brain.
- A mineral stored in your bones that helps keep your heart beating and your brain thinking. It also makes your bones strong.
- The group of bones that make up your head.
5 True/False questions
Which is the longest bone in your body? → The femur
What do ligaments do? → The tissues that connect one bone to another bone.
Spinal Column → The row of bones called vertebrae in the middle of the back that contains and protects the spinal cord.
Femur → The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
What are the two kinds of bone marrow? → This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.