5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Can you name at least one kind of joint?
- Which is the longest bone in your body?
- a A mineral stored in your bones that helps keep your heart beating and your brain thinking. It also makes your bones strong.
- b The bone cells that eat away at the spongy layer, causing your bones to get wider.
- c The outside layer of a bone: a thin, tough membrane.
- d The femur
- e Hinge joint
Ball and socket joint
5 Multiple choice questions
- The cells that make new bone
- A firm but resilient material in the body and on the ends of bones that absorbs shock well and keeps the bones from getting hurt when they rub against one another.
- The bony supportive structure within the human body.
- The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
- Small, round bones that are often found in the hands and feet; the largest is the patella.
5 True/False questions
Synovial Fluid → The row of bones called vertebrae in the middle of the back that contains and protects the spinal cord.
What is the bone tissue that forms tunnels and pores called? → Spongy bone
What mineral makes compact bone strong and hard? → The femur
What are the two kinds of bone marrow? → This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.
Vertebrae → A firm but resilient material in the body and on the ends of bones that absorbs shock well and keeps the bones from getting hurt when they rub against one another.