5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Can you name at least one kind of joint?
- What mineral makes compact bone strong and hard?
- a Joints that do not move.
- b Hinge joint
Ball and socket joint
- c The outside layer of a bone: a thin, tough membrane.
- d Calcium
- e The group of bones that make up your head.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They give you form and hold you up, they protect organs, they make blood cells, they store minerals and fats, and they help you move.
- Small, round bones that are often found in the hands and feet; the largest is the patella.
- Bones of the fingers and toes
- The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
- Spongy bone
5 True/False questions
Osteoclasts → The cells that make new bones.
Vertebrae → Bones of the spinal column
What are the two kinds of bone marrow? → Red bone marrow and yellow bone marrow
Which is the longest bone in your body? → The femur
What is the rounded part of your skull called? → The cranium