5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Compact Bone
- Spinal Column
- a The row of bones called vertebrae in the middle of the back that contains and protects the spinal cord.
- b Bones of the spinal column
- c Thick, hard layer of bone under the periosteum.
- d The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
- e The tissues that connect one bone to another bone.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They hold the bones together
- A firm but resilient material in the body and on the ends of bones that absorbs shock well and keeps the bones from getting hurt when they rub against one another.
- This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.
- Small, round bones that are often found in the hands and feet; the largest is the patella.
5 True/False questions
What are the two kinds of bone marrow? → Red bone marrow and yellow bone marrow
Can you name at least five other bones in your body by their scientific names? → Hinge joint
Ball and socket joint
What is the bone tissue that forms tunnels and pores called? → The cranium
Rib Cage → The bones that protect your heart and lungs.
Calcium → A mineral stored in your bones that helps keep your heart beating and your brain thinking. It also makes your bones strong.