5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Where are the smallest bones in your body found?
- Can you name at least one kind of joint?
- Sesamoid Bones
- Name the different things that bones do for your body.
- a The tissues that connect one bone to another bone.
- b Hinge joint
Ball and socket joint
- c In the ear
- d They give you form and hold you up, they protect organs, they make blood cells, they store minerals and fats, and they help you move.
- e Small, round bones that are often found in the hands and feet; the largest is the patella.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Bones of the fingers and toes
- The cells that make new bone
- The tough fiber that makes up part of the bone.
- The femur
- The bone cells that eat away at the spongy layer, causing your bones to get wider.
5 True/False questions
Skull → The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
Red Bone Marrow → This is the kind of bone marrow that consists primarily of cells which store fat.
What are the two kinds of bone marrow? → Red bone marrow and yellow bone marrow
Femur → Joints that do not move.
Spongy bone → Thick, hard layer of bone under the periosteum.