5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- vascular tissue
- a (anatomy) a dividing partition between two tissues or cavities
- b free-living or colonial organisms with diverse nutritional and reproductive modes
- c a small usually single-celled reproductive body produced by many plants and some protozoans and that develops into a new individual
- d Organisms that are found in conditions hot enough that most organisms cannot tolerate them.
- e tissue that conducts water and nutrients through the plant body in higher plants
5 Multiple choice questions
- a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
- Organisms that are found in conditions saline (salty) enough that most organisms cannot tolerate them.
- the mathematical process of obtaining the derivative of a function
- A moss, liverwort, or hornwort; a nonvascular plant that inhabits the land but lacks many of the terrestrial adaptations of vascular plants.
- A prokaryote that lives in an extreme environment. Extremophiles include methanogens, extreme halophiles, and extreme thermophiles.
5 True/False questions
gymnosperm → plants having seeds in a closed ovary
vertebrate → having a backbone or spinal column
chitin → (botany) tissue that conducts synthesized food substances (e.g., from leaves) to parts where needed
organ system → a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
hyphae → the branching, threadlike tubes that make up the bodies of Multicellular fungi