5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a plants of the class Gymnospermae having seeds not enclosed in an ovary
- b convert hydrogen gas and carbon dioxide into methane gas
- c lacking a backbone or spinal column
- d composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony
- e having a backbone or spinal column
5 Multiple choice questions
- A moss, liverwort, or hornwort; a nonvascular plant that inhabits the land but lacks many of the terrestrial adaptations of vascular plants.
- digestion that takes place outside of the cell
- the mathematical process of obtaining the derivative of a function
- a small usually single-celled reproductive body produced by many plants and some protozoans and that develops into a new individual
- A prokaryote that lives in an extreme environment. Extremophiles include methanogens, extreme halophiles, and extreme thermophiles.
5 True/False questions
angiosperm → plants of the class Gymnospermae having seeds not enclosed in an ovary
budding → a tough semitransparent horny substance
hyphae → the branching, threadlike tubes that make up the bodies of Multicellular fungi
thermophiles → Organisms that are found in conditions hot enough that most organisms cannot tolerate them.
organ system → a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function