5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (botany) tissue that conducts synthesized food substances (e.g., from leaves) to parts where needed
- b the act of gathering something together
- c composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony
- d separating something into fine particles
- e consisting of many cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- a tough semitransparent horny substance
- (anatomy) a dividing partition between two tissues or cavities
- having a backbone or spinal column
- A moss, liverwort, or hornwort; a nonvascular plant that inhabits the land but lacks many of the terrestrial adaptations of vascular plants.
- free-living or colonial organisms with diverse nutritional and reproductive modes
5 True/False questions
vascular tissue → a part of an organism consisting of an aggregate of cells having a similar structure and function
thermophiles → Organisms that are found in conditions hot enough that most organisms cannot tolerate them.
tissue → (anatomy) a dividing partition between two tissues or cavities
extracellular digestion → digestion that takes place outside of the cell
halophiles → Organisms that are found in conditions saline (salty) enough that most organisms cannot tolerate them.