5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- President Roosevelt believed that the federal governemnt should adopt a policy of
- Teddy Roosevelt helped to end the 1902 stike in the anthracite coal mines by
- The following were among the platform planks adopted by the Populist Party in their convention of 1892:
- The "real Heart" of the progressive movement was the effort by reformers to
- In 1913, Woodrow Wilson broke with a custom dating back to Jefferson's day when he
- a use the government as an agency of human welfare.
- b threatening to sieze the mines and to operate them with federal troops
- c regulating
- d government ownership of the railroads, telephone, and telegraph, free and unlimited coinage of silver in the ration of 16 to 1, a one-term limit on the presidency, immigration restrictions
- e personally delivered his presidential address to congress
5 Multiple choice questions
- was wedded more to the status quo than to progressive change.
- damming of rivers
- working class
5 True/False questions
Which of the following was not among the issues addressed by women in progressive movement? → ending special regulations governing women in the workplace
While present, Teddy Roosevelt → was wedded more to the status quo than to progressive change.
Before a treaty annexing Hawaii to the US could be rushed through the US Senatin in 1893 → e
The public outcry after the horrible Triangle Shirtwaist fire led to many states to pass → prove that the government, not private business, ruled the country
Most muckrakers believed that their primary function in the pgoressive attack on social ills was to → make the public aware of social problems