5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The progressive movement was instrumental in getting the Seventeenth amendment added to the constitution, which provided for
- As governor of New Jersey, Woodrow Wilson established a record as
- Teddy Roosevelt weakend himself politically after his election of 1904 when he
- When Upton Sinclair wrote The Jungle, he intended his book to focus on attention on the
- To regain the power that the people had lost to the "interests", progressive advocated all of the following except
- a direct election of senators
- b passionate reformer
Woodrow Wilson's political philosophy included all of the following except scorn for the ideal of self - determination for minority peoples in other countries
- c socialism
- d plight of the workers in the stockyards and meat-packing industry.
- e announced that he would not be a candidate for a third term as president
5 Multiple choice questions
- issue paper money and increase the amount of money in circulation
- b)control of the sea was the key to world domination
- sought not to overthrow capitalism but to cleanse it iwth democratic controls.
- William Howard Taft had seemed ot discard Roosevelt's policies
5 True/False questions
According to the text, Teddy Roosevelts most enduring achievement may have been → tame capitalism
In 1912, Woodrow Wilson ran for the presidency on the Democratic platform that included all of the following except a call for → Dollar diplomacy
Of the following legislation aimed at resource conservation, the only one associate with Roosevelt's presidency was the → b)the US refused to five the Filipino people their independence
Match each 1912 presidential candidate below with his political party → it gave the voters a clear choice of political and economic philosophies.
The Democratic party nominee for president in 1896 was___ the Republicans nominated ____ and the Populists endorsed_____ → state governor