5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Passive solar energy systems
- Acid Deposition
- Photovoltaic cell
- Inanimate Power
- Nonrenewable Energy
- a Power supplied by machines
- b Solar energy cells, usually made from silicon, that collect solar rays to generate electricity.
- c Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
- d A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.
- e Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
5 Multiple choice questions
- Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
- The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
- A nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium
- Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
- A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
5 True/False questions
Recycling → A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) → Power generated from moving water
Biodiversity → Fuel that derives from plant material and animal waste
Biomass Fuel → Fuel that derives from plant material and animal waste
Nonferrous → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel