5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Animate Power
- Hydroelectric power
- Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD)
- Inanimate Power
- a Power supplied by machines
- b The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
- c Power supplied by people or animals.
- d Power generated from moving water
- e Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
- Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
- Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years
- A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
5 True/False questions
Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) → A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
Air pollution → Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
Resource → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
Ozone → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
Nonferrous → Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel