5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Photochemical smog
- Biomass Fuel
- Inanimate Power
- a A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
- b An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
- c A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
- d Fuel that derives from plant material and animal waste
- e Power supplied by machines
5 Multiple choice questions
- The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
- Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to acids that return to Earth as rain, sown , or fog.
- Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
- A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
- A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
5 True/False questions
Greenhouse Effect → A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
Active Solar Energy Systems → Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
Nonferrous → Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
Air pollution → Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
Nonrenewable Energy → A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.