5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Passive solar energy systems
- a A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
- b Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
- c Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
- d A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
- e Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
- The amount of a resource in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist
- Solar energy cells, usually made from silicon, that collect solar rays to generate electricity.
- Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
- A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
5 True/False questions
Acid Deposition → Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) → A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
Pollution → Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
Animate Power → Power supplied by people or animals.
Radiation waste → Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years