5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Renewable Energy
- Passive solar energy systems
- Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)
- Breeder reactor
- Animate Power
- a A nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium
- b A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- c Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
- d A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
- e Power supplied by people or animals.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
- Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
- Power generated from moving water
- Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
5 True/False questions
Ozone → A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
Ferrous → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
Acid Deposition → Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
Resource → A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
Sanitary Landfill → Power supplied by people or animals.