5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Animate Power
- Proven reserve
- Inanimate Power
- Active Solar Energy Systems
- Air pollution
- a Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
- b The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits
- c Power supplied by people or animals.
- d Power supplied by machines
- e Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Separation, collection, processing, marketing, and reuse of unwanted material.
- The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
- A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.
- Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years
5 True/False questions
Biodiversity → Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
Hydroelectric power → Power generated from moving water
Sanitary Landfill → A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin
Ozone → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
Resource → A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.