5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Acid Precipitation
- Nonrenewable Energy
- Breeder reactor
- Biomass Fuel
- a A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.
- b Fuel that derives from plant material and animal waste
- c The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
- d Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to acids that return to Earth as rain, sown , or fog.
- e A nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium
5 Multiple choice questions
- Power supplied by people or animals.
- A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
- A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
- Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
5 True/False questions
Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) → An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
Hydroelectric power → Power supplied by machines
Air pollution → Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
Active Solar Energy Systems → Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
Passive solar energy systems → Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors