5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)
- Radiation waste
- Passive solar energy systems
- Animate Power
- a Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
- b A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
- c The Separation, collection, processing, marketing, and reuse of unwanted material.
- d Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years
- e Power supplied by people or animals.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
- The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
- Power supplied by machines
5 True/False questions
Active Solar Energy Systems → Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
Conservation → Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
Proven reserve → The amount of a resource in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist
Nonrenewable Energy → A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.
Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) → Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.