5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Potential Reserve
- Passive solar energy systems
- Inanimate Power
- Air pollution
- a The amount of a resource in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist
- b Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
- c Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
- d Power supplied by machines
- e Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
5 Multiple choice questions
- Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years
- Power supplied by people or animals.
- A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
- Anticipated increase in Earth's temperature caused by carbon dioxide (emitted by burning fossil fuels) trapping some of the radiation emitted by the surface.
- Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
5 True/False questions
Breeder reactor → A nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium
Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) → An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
Biodiversity → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
Acid Precipitation → Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
Ferrous → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel