5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Geothermal Energy
- Greenhouse Effect
- Sustainable development
- Animate Power
- Photochemical smog
- a The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- b Anticipated increase in Earth's temperature caused by carbon dioxide (emitted by burning fossil fuels) trapping some of the radiation emitted by the surface.
- c Power supplied by people or animals.
- d An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
- e Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
- Fuel that derives from plant material and animal waste
- The Separation, collection, processing, marketing, and reuse of unwanted material.
- Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
- A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
5 True/False questions
Preservation → Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
Sanitary Landfill → Power supplied by people or animals.
Biodiversity → The number of species within a specific habitat
Potential Reserve → The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits
Radiation waste → Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate