5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Photovoltaic cell
- Acid Deposition
- Hydroelectric power
- a Solar energy cells, usually made from silicon, that collect solar rays to generate electricity.
- b Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
- c Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
- d Power generated from moving water
- e A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of species within a specific habitat
- The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
- Anticipated increase in Earth's temperature caused by carbon dioxide (emitted by burning fossil fuels) trapping some of the radiation emitted by the surface.
- A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
5 True/False questions
Geothermal Energy → A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
Sanitary Landfill → A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin
Fission → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
Ferrous → Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
Active Solar Energy Systems → Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices