5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a ICMP uses port _____ to request a response to a query and can be the first indicator of a malicious attack.
- b A(n) _____ is "a private data network that makes use of the public telecommunication infrastructure, maintaining privacy through the use of a tunneling protocol and security procedures."
- c The _____ data file contains the hashed representation of the user's password.
- d According to Mark Pollitt, _____ is the premeditated, politically motivated attacks against information, computer systems, computer programs, and data which result in violence against noncombatant targets by sub-national groups or clandestine agents.
- e _____-based IDPSs look at patterns of network traffic and attempt to detect unusual activity based on previous baselines.
5 Multiple choice questions
- _____ controls address personnel security, physical security, and the protection of production inputs and outputs.
- A buffer against outside attacks is frequently referred to as a(n) _____.
- The concept of competitive _____ refers to falling behind the competition.
- The Computer _____ and Abuse Act of 1986 is the cornerstone of many computer-related federal laws and enforcement efforts.
- The _____ security policy is an executive-level document that outlines the organization's approach and attitude towards information security and relates the strategic value of information security within the organization.
5 True/False questions
dynamic → A buffer against outside attacks is frequently referred to as a(n) _____.
PKI → _____ is an integrated system of software, encryption methodologies, and legal agreements that can be used to support the entire information infrastructure of an organization.
program → The _____ security policy is a planning document that outlines the process of implementing security in the organization.
TCP → The _____ hijacking attack uses IP spoofing to enable an attacker to impersonate another entity on the network.
ARPANET → _____ is the predecessor to the Internet.