5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3.5 billion years ago
- 2.5 billion years old
- The choanoflagellates are more closely related to the fungi than to other protists
- a Life apparently originated on Earth about
- b The early Earth's reducing atmosphere probably contained all of the following except
- c The oldest fossils of eukaryotes have been estimated to be
- d Which one of the following statements about protists is false?
- e The group that probably gave rise to chloroplasts is the
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which one of the following statements about endosymbiosis and the origin of the eukaryotic cell is false?
- Eukaryotic organisms are classified into a total of
- Molecular data indicates that land plants belong in the same ________ as green algae.
- Kingdom ____________would include green algae and land plants.
- Kingdom Protista can be described as
5 True/False questions
class, order, family, genus, species → The order Passeriformes includes all of the so-called perching birds. Select a choice (A-E) to make the following sentence true: The next more inclusive taxon to the Passeriformes would be the ________; the next less inclusive taxon would be the __________.
ATP → In the original experiments by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey to synthesize organic molecules in an abiotic environment, which one of the following would you not expect to find in the collection flask?
how mitochondria and chloroplasts were derived from prokaryotic cells → Two principal organelles of eukaryotes that share features with one another and with bacteria from which they apparently were derived are the
ribozymes → The early Earth's reducing atmosphere probably contained all of the following except
3 → Living organisms can be divided into _____ domains.