5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The choanoflagellates are more closely related to the fungi than to other protists
- sexual reproduction
- four kingdoms
- absence of nuclear envelope
- a Although the Archaebacteria were classified in the same group with the Bacteria, they are probably more closely related to the Eukarya. Which one of the following features do they share in common with the bacteria?
- b The characteristics of life include all of the following except
- c Which one of the following statements about protists is false?
- d Eukaryotic organisms are classified into a total of
- e Which of the following is generally not considered essential to explain the origin of life on Earth?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which one of the following statements about origin of land plants is false?
- Which one of the following statements about the classification of arthropods and crustaceans is false?
- All living organisms possess the following features except
- Urey and Miller, using a sterile container with boiling water, a reducing atmosphere, an electric spark, and a condenser, were able to determine that
- All of the following were produced in experiments on primitive Earth conditions conducted by Miller-Urey and others, except for
5 True/False questions
3 → The apparatus in the figure was used by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey to study the origin of life on Earth. The presence of what compound in chamber B in the apparatus will prevent the accumulation of simple organic molecules in compartment A?
Organic molecules important to life could have been formed from a vast array of simple chemicals. → An experimental test of the hypothesis to explain the origin of the first organic compounds on Earth might include all of the following sequential steps (starting with A and proceeding to E) except
E. none of the kingdoms. → Which one of the following statements about the classification of annelids and arthropods is false?
Fungi → One day while Dr. Rogers was working in his taxonomic laboratory, a package arrived with the following label: "Beware, the contents of this package contains a eukaryotic, multicellular, nonmotile, nonphotosynthetic life form. Open with extreme caution." Dr. Rogers quickly closed the doors and windows of his laboratory and opened the package. To which kingdom of life could this life form belong?
African and South American clades → All living organisms share all of the following features in common except they