5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- meteors and/or cosmic dust clouds carried various complex organic molecules to the Earth, which eventually evolved into what we know today.
- A. bacteria.
E. none of the kingdoms.
- a One of the theories about the origin of life is panspermia. Panspermia proposes that
- b The binomial system of classification of organisms was developed by
- c Lacking one of the criteria to be strictly classified as living units and containing fragments of eukaryotic genomes, the viruses are included in
- d In the taxonomic hierarchical system for grouping organisms, the next higher group to a family is
- e All living organisms possess the following features except
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which one of the following statements about origin of land plants is false?
- If two organisms are in the same phylum and the same order, then they also belong to the same
- The order Passeriformes includes all of the so-called perching birds. Select a choice (A-E) to make the following sentence true: The next more inclusive taxon to the Passeriformes would be the ________; the next less inclusive taxon would be the __________.
- Life apparently originated on Earth about
- Which of the following is generally not considered essential to explain the origin of life on Earth?
5 True/False questions
species → The biological name of an organism in the binomial system contains two parts, the genus and the
contain organelles → All living organisms share all of the following features in common except they
2.5 billion years old → The oldest fossils of eukaryotes have been estimated to be
Archaebacteria → Segmentation is thought to have evolved three times, twice in protostomes and once in deuterstomes as seen in the
3 → Living organisms can be divided into _____ domains.