5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- how mitochondria and chloroplasts were derived from prokaryotic cells
- The choanoflagellates are more closely related to the fungi than to other protists
- The structure of the eukaryotic cell allows the physical separation of replication and transcription.
- The brown algae acquired their chloroplasts by engulfing a prokaryotic cell with chloroplasts
- a The biological name of an organism in the binomial system contains two parts, the genus and the
- b Which one of the following statements about the characteristics of eukaryotes is false?
- c Which one of the following statements about protists is false?
- d A scientist is studying endosymbiosis in cells. This means she is investigating
- e Which one of the following statements about endosymbiosis and the origin of the eukaryotic cell is false?
5 Multiple choice questions
- An organism has just been located and needs to be placed into one of the domains of life. The characteristics that have been reported are multicellular and autotrophic. Based on your knowledge, which domain should this organism be placed?
- The group that probably gave rise to chloroplasts is the
- The age of the Earth according to modern estimations is
- Which one of the following statements about the classification of annelids and arthropods is false?
- The characteristics of life include all of the following except
5 True/False questions
Molecular phylogenetics suggests that myriapods and insects may be sister clades. → Which one of the following statements about the classification of arthropods and crustaceans is false?
chordates → In the taxonomic hierarchical system for grouping organisms, the next higher group to a family is
photosynthesis → The oldest microfossils are of
hierarchical → In that any one group fits within a more inclusive group, the biological classification systems are
Fungi → One day while Dr. Rogers was working in his taxonomic laboratory, a package arrived with the following label: "Beware, the contents of this package contains a eukaryotic, multicellular, nonmotile, nonphotosynthetic life form. Open with extreme caution." Dr. Rogers quickly closed the doors and windows of his laboratory and opened the package. To which kingdom of life could this life form belong?