5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The choanoflagellates are more closely related to the fungi than to other protists
- a It has been discovered that enzyme-like catalysis can be carried out not only by enzymes but also by
- b In the taxonomic hierarchical system for grouping organisms, the next higher group to a family is
- c Which one of the following statements about protists is false?
- d Eukaryotic cells acquired mitochondria and chloroplasts by
- e Kingdom Protista can be described as
5 Multiple choice questions
- Most biologists now recognize and use a newer system for classification of all organisms that identify
- Living organisms can be divided into _____ domains.
- The order Passeriformes includes all of the so-called perching birds. Select a choice (A-E) to make the following sentence true: The next more inclusive taxon to the Passeriformes would be the ________; the next less inclusive taxon would be the __________.
- The characteristics of life include all of the following except
- The biological name of an organism in the binomial system contains two parts, the genus and the
5 True/False questions
endosymbiosis → The phenomenon that probably gave rise to the organelles in eukaryotes is
amino acids → Which of the following was produced in experiments on primitive Earth conditions conducted by Miller-Urey and others?
Viruses are considered detached fragments of prokaryotic genomes → Which one of the following statements about viruses is false?
ATP → It has been discovered that enzyme-like catalysis can be carried out not only by enzymes but also by
contain organelles → Segmentation is thought to have evolved three times, twice in protostomes and once in deuterstomes as seen in the