5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- meteors and/or cosmic dust clouds carried various complex organic molecules to the Earth, which eventually evolved into what we know today.
- contain organelles
- Viruses are considered detached fragments of prokaryotic genomes
- a Molecular data indicates that land plants belong in the same ________ as green algae.
- b Which one of the following statements about viruses is false?
- c Living organisms can be divided into _____ domains.
- d One of the theories about the origin of life is panspermia. Panspermia proposes that
- e All living organisms share all of the following features in common except they
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which one of the following statements about the characteristics of eukaryotes is false?
- Which of the following statements about viruses is not accurate?
- A scientist is studying endosymbiosis in cells. This means she is investigating
- In the taxonomic hierarchical system for grouping organisms, the next higher group to a family is
- The oldest microfossils are of
5 True/False questions
Archaebacteria → A kingdom not containing eukaryotes is
genus → One day while Dr. Rogers was working in his taxonomic laboratory, a package arrived with the following label: "Beware, the contents of this package contains a eukaryotic, multicellular, nonmotile, nonphotosynthetic life form. Open with extreme caution." Dr. Rogers quickly closed the doors and windows of his laboratory and opened the package. To which kingdom of life could this life form belong?
hierarchical → In that any one group fits within a more inclusive group, the biological classification systems are
class → If two organisms are in the same phylum and the same order, then they also belong to the same
mitochondria and chloroplasts → Kingdom ____________would include green algae and land plants.