5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 4.5 billion years
- A. sexual reproduction.
D. horizontal gene transfer (HGT).
F. all of the above
- a The age of the Earth according to modern estimations is
- b The characteristics of life include all of the following except
- c A kingdom not containing eukaryotes is
- d The apparatus in the figure was used by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey to study the origin of life on Earth. The presence of what compound in chamber B in the apparatus will prevent the accumulation of simple organic molecules in compartment A?
- e Diversity among the vast numbers of organisms that have arisen on Earth can be attributed to ____.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The oldest fossils of eukaryotes have been estimated to be
- All living organisms share all of the following features in common except they
- Which one of the following statements about the characteristics of eukaryotes is false?
- The biological name of an organism in the binomial system contains two parts, the genus and the
- Life apparently originated on Earth about
5 True/False questions
class, order, family, genus, species → The order Passeriformes includes all of the so-called perching birds. Select a choice (A-E) to make the following sentence true: The next more inclusive taxon to the Passeriformes would be the ________; the next less inclusive taxon would be the __________.
sexual reproduction → Which of the following is generally not considered essential to explain the origin of life on Earth?
class → If two organisms are in the same phylum and the same order, then they also belong to the same
The choanoflagellates are more closely related to the fungi than to other protists → Which one of the following statements about protists is false?
3 → Living organisms can be divided into _____ domains.