6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- renaissance scholars who specialized in the humanities and stressed the individual & thinking for yourself
- means "fresh" and refers to painting directly on wet plaster
- luther's belief that faith alone was enough to reach salvation
- a new way to make artwork in which things looked more realistic because things up close were bigger than things far away, revolutionizing artwork.
- catholic reformation that began in the 1530s as an effort to foster a more spiritual outlook in the church and clarified the doctrines of the church; campaign against protestants
- written by thomas more, a book describing a perfect society, criticizing the society of his day
5 True/False questions
reformation → a religious revolution that split the christian church into many sects in western europe
index of prohibited books → by Erasmus, ridiculed ignorance, superstition and vice among the clergy & ordinary Catholics
northern renaissance → a government calvin set up that was ruled by the clergy and claimed god's authority.
edict of nantes → gave Huguenots freedom of worship, published by Henry IV
patronage → a thought out, calculated tool used for support, power, prestige and political position when someone paid for an artist to create their work