5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Platt Amendment
- Square Deal
- Alfred Thayer Mahan
- a The movement in the late 1800s to increase democracy in America by curbing the power of the corporation. It fought to end corruption in government and business, and worked to bring equal rights of women and other groups that had been left behind during the industrial revolution.
- b the peice of legislation that is to be voted on
- c President Theodore Roosevelt's plan for reform; all Americans are entitled to an equal opportinity to succeed
- d Legislation that severely restricted Cuba's sovereignty and gave the US the right to intervene if Cuba got into trouble
- e 1840-1914. US Navy officer, geostrategist, and educator. Influenced navies worldwide on the importance of building a strong navy. Author of "The Influence of Seapower Upon History, 1660-1783" in 1890.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the choosing of a candidate for the representation of a political party
- Manager of a city
- Determined that inhabitants of U.S. territories had some, but not all, of the rights of U.S. citizens.
- 26th President of the United States, 26th president, known for: conservationism, trust-busting, Hepburn Act, safe food regulations, "Square Deal," Panama Canal, Great White Fleet, Nobel Peace Prize for negotiation of peace in Russo-Japanese War
- this was an international organization that dealt with trade; organized by James G. Blaine; created to encourage cooperation and trust with the manufacturers
5 True/False questions
Franchise → extreme, chauvinistic patriotism, often favoring an aggressive, warlike foreign policy
Rough Riders → President Theodore Roosevelt's plan for reform; all Americans are entitled to an equal opportinity to succeed
Initiative → extreme, chauvinistic patriotism, often favoring an aggressive, warlike foreign policy
William Howard Taft → 27th President of the United States and later chief justice of the United States Supreme Court (1857-1930)
Treaty of Paris → the choosing of a candidate for the representation of a political party