5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Civil Service Reform Act
- National Industrial Recovery Act
- a As related to international labor relations, a participatory management approach in which workers have the opportunity to identify problems and help resolve them.
- b Refusal by employees to work.
- c Act that extended the policies of the Railway Labor Act to all interstate commerce organizations.
- d Act that extended collective bargaining rights to federal employees.
- e As related to international labor relations, a practice in which employees have a role in the management of a company that includes worker representatives with voting rights on the corporate board of directors.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Action directed at a primary party through action against some third party.
- Retention of employees who engage in misconduct both during and after working hours.
- Act that protects the rights of employees to organize unhampered by management; also known as National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- Injuring someone's reputation by making a false and malicious statement; may be spoken (slander) or written (libel).
- NLRB decision that lifted some of the restrictions on employers' use of employee participation committees.
5 True/False questions
Fraudulent misrepresentation → Intentional deception relied upon and resulting in injury to another person.
Principled negotiation → Type of contract negotiation based on four premises:1) separate the people from the problem, 2) focus on interests, not positions, 3) invent options for mutual gain, and 4) insist on objective criteria.
Policy → Broad statement that reflects an organization's philosophy, objectives, or standards concerning a particular set of management or employee activities.
Duty of good faith and fair dealing → Imposes on each party in a contract an obligation for honesty in the conduct of the transaction.
Good-faith bargaining → Generally means that parties in a negotiation enter into discussion with fair and open minds and a sincere desire to arrive at an agreement.