5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Self-directed team
- Maintenance of membership
- Double breasting
- Directed election
- a Group of people that work in a self-managing way. Typically the group assumes complete autonomy.
- b Means for employees to terminate union representation; removes union from its position as bargaining representatiive.
- c Contract clause that states that an employee may or may not choose to join a union but once the employee joins, he/she must maintain membership for the duration of the contract.
- d Type of representation election ordered by the NLRB regional director after a preelection hearing.
- e When a common owner operates both union and nonunion businesses.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When an employer bargains with several unions simultaneously but on a separate basis.
- Process of sending employees abroad and supporting their ability to adapt to cultural changes and complete their international assignment.
- Type of contract negotiation based on four premises:1) separate the people from the problem, 2) focus on interests, not positions, 3) invent options for mutual gain, and 4) insist on objective criteria.
- Act that extended collective bargaining rights to federal employees.
- Strike by employees of a bargaining unit who refuse to cross picket lines made up of employees who are not members of their bargaining unit.
5 True/False questions
Informational picketing → Picketing done to obtain an employer's recognition of a union as bargaining representative.
Dues checkoff → Group of employees responsible for a given end product.
Hot Cargo clauses → Agreement that union members are not required to handle goods made by nonunion labor or a struck plant; illegal except for provisions in the construction and clothing industries.
Telecommuting → Extent to which a job requires a "whole," identifiable unit of work.
Policy → Process of using paid union organizers to infiltrate an organization and organize a company's workers.