5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Job sharing
- Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA)
- Illegal subjects
- a 1992 court dedision that employers must deal cautiously with employee participation committees based on the NLRB's interpretation of what constitutes a company-dominated labor organization.
- b Those collective bargaining items that are unlawful by statute; also known as external subjects.
- c Results when two part-time employees share one full-time job.
- d Administers the provisions of the various excutive orders that fall under the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978.
- e As related to international labor relations, a practice in which employees have a role in the management of a company that includes worker representatives with voting rights on the corporate board of directors.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Provides an orderly way to resolve differences of opinion in regard to a union contract.
- Product boycotts involving such activities as distributing handbills, carrying placards, and urging customers to refuse to purchase products from a particular retail or wholesale business.
- Form of negotiating where parties look for common ground and attempt to satisfy mutual interests through the bargaining process.
- Deals with employment contracts that contain covenants not to compete after termination of employment relationship and with the use of secret, confidential, or proprietary information that the employee obtained while working for the former employer.
- Procedure in which disputes are submitted to one or more impartial persons for final determination.
5 True/False questions
No-lockout clause → As related to international labor relations, groups of workers and management representatives charged with examining how to improve company performance, working conditions, job security, etc.
Phased retirement → Offers employees the opportunity to gradually reduce the number of hours they work before they are fully retired.
National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) → Act that protects the rights of employees to organize unhampered by management; also known as Wagner Act.
Union shop → Clause that states that union membership is a condition of hiring; is illegal (except in the construction industry).
Implied contract → Explains major and generally describes the employee benefits provided.