What are some pathologic changes R/T PIH (cardiac, hematologic, neurologic, renal, hepatic, placental) (6)?
1. Cardiac: increased BP and decreased CO
2. Hematologic: increased hemocenctration, platelet clumping, endothetlial damage (clots)
3. Neurologic: rupture of small capillaries in brain, sm. hemorrhage, HA, hyperreflecia, convulsions
4. Renal: decreased glomerular flow rate, damage to glomeruli (proteinuria), Increased BUN, creatinine, Uric acid
5. Hepatic: hepatic edema -> epigastric pain
6. Placental: Decreased perfusion-> decreased nutrients (IUGR), hypoxia, fetal death
Decreased colloid oncotic pressure can lead to pulmonary capillary leak -> pulmonary edema; dyspena