5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fire Climax ecosystems
- El Nino
- a occurs when habitats are divided into a patch work of intact forest land and deforested lands.
- b the origination point of an earthquake
- c Major climatic phenomenon characterized by the movement of unusually warm surface water ito the eastern equatorial Pacific Ocean. Results in extensive disruption of weather around the world.
- d Ecosystems that are dependent on the fire for their reproduction and regeneration.
- e The naturally hot interior of Earth.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The natural aging process of a lake that is greatly accelerated by human actions. also called cultural eutrophication, casued by additions of nutrients mainly nitrogen and phosphorus
- Splitting of an atom into two atoms of lighter elements. This is basic of nuclear energy production
- An area in aquatic ecosystems where there is enough light penetration to support photosynthesis.
- Energy sources that come from millions of years of heat and pressure acting upon prehistoric photosynthetic organic matter. Ex. crude oil, coal, natural gas
- The death of all individuals of a particular species. This results in loss of genes and biodiversity.
5 True/False questions
Endangered species → The federal legislation that mandates protection of species and their habitats that are in danger of extinction.
Evapotranspiration → Combination of evaporation and transpiration
Evolution → The death of all individuals of a particular species. This results in loss of genes and biodiversity.
Food Web → Takes into account all the food chains in an ecosystem.
Fuel assembly → the wood used in many developing countries for cooking and heating