5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Herbivores (primary consumers)
- food chain
- heterotroph (consumer)
- a The conversion of nitrates into nitrogen gas.
- b Organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes.
- c An environment that includes all of the biotic and abiotic compounds that surround an organism.
- d Indicates the transfer of energy from producers through a series of organisms which feed upon each other.
- e They use the producer organisms to provide them with their food.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Water that flows over the ground surface rather than soaking into the ground
- A series of interrelated food chains.
- An inherited characteristic that increases an organism's chance of survival.
- They eat the primary consumers as their source of food.
- The total mass of living matter in a given unit area
5 True/False questions
Eutrophication → The conversion of nitrates into nitrogen gas.
parasitism → A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual, the parasite, benefits to the harm of the other organism, the host.
Ecology → Water that flows over the ground surface rather than soaking into the ground
leaching → A group of similar organisms that can breed and produce fertile offspring.
Natural Selection → An inherited characteristic that increases an organism's chance of survival.