5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The process by which two species evolve in response to changes in each other.
- b The process by which a body of water becomes too rich in dissolved nutrients, leading to plant growth that depletes oxygen.
- c The slow passage of a liquid through a filtering medium.
- d A relationship between individuals of different species that benefits both organisms.
- e A group of similar organisms that can breed and produce fertile offspring.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Water that flows over the ground surface rather than soaking into the ground
- Any organism that produces organic compounds from inorganic compounds, usually through photosynthesis.
- Organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes.
- Removal of dissolved materials from soil by water moving downwards
- They use the producer organisms to provide them with their food.
5 True/False questions
parasitism → A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual, the parasite, benefits to the harm of the other organism, the host.
Ecosystem → The study of environments.
commensalism → A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual benefits and the other neither benefits nor is harmed.
Adaptation → All individuals of a species in a given area.
food web → Indicates the transfer of energy from producers through a series of organisms which feed upon each other.