5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- food web
- a Relationships that exist between individuals of different species, where at least one party benefits from the relationship.
- b A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual, the parasite, benefits to the harm of the other organism, the host.
- c A series of interrelated food chains.
- d The conversion of nitrates into nitrogen gas.
- e The process by which two species evolve in response to changes in each other.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Indicates the transfer of energy from producers through a series of organisms which feed upon each other.
- A group of similar organisms that can breed and produce fertile offspring.
- An environment that includes all of the biotic and abiotic compounds that surround an organism.
- A prokaryotic (single-celled) organism that acts as a decomposer. It gets the nutrients it needs by breaking down dead organisms.
- An inherited characteristic that increases an organism's chance of survival.
5 True/False questions
Natural Selection → A natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment.
commensalism → A relationship between individuals of different species that benefits both organisms.
mutualism → A relationship between individuals of different species that benefits both organisms.
heterotroph (consumer) → Organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes.
Infiltration → The slow passage of a liquid through a filtering medium.