5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Autotroph (producer)
- heterotroph (consumer)
- food chain
- a Organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes.
- b The total mass of living matter in a given unit area
- c The conversion of nitrates into nitrogen gas.
- d Indicates the transfer of energy from producers through a series of organisms which feed upon each other.
- e Any organism that produces organic compounds from inorganic compounds, usually through photosynthesis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A series of interrelated food chains.
- All individuals of a species in a given area.
- An inherited characteristic that increases an organism's chance of survival.
- Removal of dissolved materials from soil by water moving downwards
- An environment that includes all of the biotic and abiotic compounds that surround an organism.
5 True/False questions
Bacteria → The study of environments.
Symbiosis → The total mass of living matter in a given unit area
Species → A group of similar organisms that can breed and produce fertile offspring.
Infiltration → An inherited characteristic that increases an organism's chance of survival.
Herbivores (primary consumers) → They use the producer organisms to provide them with their food.