5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Natural Selection
- a A natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment.
- b The process by which two species evolve in response to changes in each other.
- c Water that flows over the ground surface rather than soaking into the ground
- d All individuals of a species in a given area.
- e The conversion of nitrates into nitrogen gas.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes.
- Relationships that exist between individuals of different species, where at least one party benefits from the relationship.
- A relationship between individuals of different species that benefits both organisms.
- An inherited characteristic that increases an organism's chance of survival.
- An environment that includes all of the biotic and abiotic compounds that surround an organism.
5 True/False questions
Autotroph (producer) → Organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes.
biomass → The total mass of living matter in a given unit area
food web → Indicates the transfer of energy from producers through a series of organisms which feed upon each other.
Carnivores (secondary consumers) → They eat the primary consumers as their source of food.
Species → The total mass of living matter in a given unit area