Upgrade to remove ads
WTG Lesson 7
Terms in this set (15)
to change by removing errors or making corrections or additions
-The DRB decided to amend the rules for getting in.
similarity in form, action, or thought; action in agreement with customs or popular opinion
- DCDS is a school of conformity with all the kids wearing the same uniform style.
to make or become smaller; to reduce
- Her bank account was diminished when she went on that shopping spree.
Noun: a serious attempt or effort
- The boy made an endeavor to climb up the mountain while free climbing.
Verb: to make an effort to do or accomplish
- Endeavor to do your homework, it is due tomorrow.
tending or trying to avoid or escape from something; especially by using cleverness
- During the conversation of the exams, Molly became evasive and started talking about shopping.
easily deceived or tricked
- She was so gullible that she would believe if someone said there was a unicorn outside.
Adjective: of poor quality; below average
- inferior work is not accepted at our school.
Adjective: low or lower in quality, value, or importance; usually used with to
- The service at the store was inferior to when I went last week.
Noun: a person or thing that is lower in rank, importance, or achievement than others
- He was the inferior compared to his boss.
to feel intense dislike or disgust for
- The cat loathed baths.
a longing for what is past or far away or for the happier times of long ago
- I had nostalgic memories when I was looking through my phone at Florida pictures.
deserving notice or attention; remarkable
- People love notable heroes.
to put off doing something until a future time; to make a habit of postponing or delaying action
- My mom told me that I couldn't procrastinate doing my summer homework this year.
the ability to resist or recover from that which weakens, such as tiredness
- During the mile run in gym, I have to keep my stamina.
1. a swift flow, especially of water
- The little creek near the forest became a huge torrent after the thunderstorm.
2. a heavy fall of rain
- The thunderstorm was filled of lightning, thunder and huge torrents.
to cause to lose one's courage or confidence
- During a game, you can't let the other team unnerve you.
capable of being hurt emotionally or physically; easily hurt
- The toddler was very vulnerable to sickness during the winter.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Rouge River Unit
Words To Go- Lesson 2
WTG Lesson 3 - 7th Grade English
WTG lesson 4
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Lesson 7 words to go
Lesson 7: Words To Go!
7th Grade Words to Go Lesson 7
Nguyen - Caesar Unit Vocab.
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Romantic Literary Terms
SPANISH VOCAB-- FINAL EXAM
The Giver Vocab
Snapshots/The Crossover Vocabulary List