Create an account
Artificial Embryo Twinning
the technique of dividing and transferring embryos into another organism for development
What are the steps of SCNT?
1) Isolate a donor egg cell and somatic cell; 2) Enucleate egg cell; 3) Put the nucleus into the egg cell; 4) Electric shocks; 5) Put it in the uterus
What is the effect of telomeres on cloning?
create a protein called telomerase and cells with high amounts of it last longer and have less mutations (egg cells, sperm cells, etc); cells with less are susceptible to mutations. telomeres are good for cloning
What are the steps to therapeutic cloning?
1) Isolate a donor egg cell and somatic cell; 2) Enucleate egg cell; 3) Put the nucleus into the egg cell; 4) Electric shocks; 5) Grow it in a Petri dish; 6) Harvest stem cells from it
What are the different types of stem cells?
• Embryonic Stem Cells (ES cells)
• Blastocyst Embryonic Stem Cells
• Fetal stem cells
• Umbilical cord stem cells
• Adult stem cells
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together