noun: a person who has invested personal wealth in business; a very wealthy person
noun: surrender; ending resistance
verb: to cut off the head of; to behead
noun: a very steep or vertical face of a cliff or rock; the edge of a dangerous situation
verb: to throw down from a great height; to make happen suddenly or quickly
noun: the restatement of a main idea; a summary or concise review
adjective: pertaining to the brain; intellectual
noun: the act of thinking; thought
Latin: face, form, shape
verb: to mar or spoil the appearance or surface of something
verb: to wipe out; to obliterate. Also to make less clear as if rubbing out. To make oneself inconspicuous
noun: the face of a building; the face or front of anything, especially an artificial or false front.
noun: one of many sides of a cut stone or jewel; one aspect of a situation, or of a tooth
Latin: front, forehead, face
verb: to insult intentionally; to offend or embarass. Noun: an insult or offensive act.
verb: to stand or come directly in front of; to face with defiance or hostility
noun: flippant or insulting boldness; audacity
Orator fit, poeta nascitur.
An orator is made; a poet is born.
Disdainful; haughty and aloof.
ORO, ORARE, ORAVI, ORATUM
<L. "to speak"
1. A shrine where the ancient Greeks consulted one of their gods for advice or prophecy.
2. A prophecy made at such a shrine.
3. A person who transmits prophecy from a deity.
4. A person or thing regarded as able to give wise guidance.
An address or formal speech given on a special occasion.
A mouth or vent; an opening.
A cut or notch.
1. A written contract between two parties.
2. An agreement binding an apprentice to work for a master.
To bind by written contract.
A long three-pronged fork or weapon.
A specialist who corrects irregularly positioned teeth.
<L. "throat," "whirlpool"
1. A deep, narrow passage with rocky sides, enclosed between mountains.
2. Gluttonous eating.
3. A feeling of nausea (used with rise).
1. To eat greedily.
2. To fill full; to stuff.
1. To expel from the throat or stomach; to vomit.
2. To discharge violently.
Of immense size; gigantic.
A grotesque carved human or animal figure, especially one used as a rainspout carrying water clear of a wall.
1. To cause to pour back or cast up partially digested food; to vomit.
2. To rush or surge back.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions above and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.