Upgrade to remove ads
VCR C Lesson 9 & 10
noun: a person who has invested personal wealth in business; a very wealthy person
noun: surrender; ending resistance
verb: to cut off the head of; to behead
noun: a very steep or vertical face of a cliff or rock; the edge of a dangerous situation
verb: to throw down from a great height; to make happen suddenly or quickly
noun: the restatement of a main idea; a summary or concise review
adjective: pertaining to the brain; intellectual
noun: the act of thinking; thought
Latin: face, form, shape
verb: to mar or spoil the appearance or surface of something
verb: to wipe out; to obliterate. Also to make less clear as if rubbing out. To make oneself inconspicuous
noun: the face of a building; the face or front of anything, especially an artificial or false front.
noun: one of many sides of a cut stone or jewel; one aspect of a situation, or of a tooth
Latin: front, forehead, face
verb: to insult intentionally; to offend or embarass. Noun: an insult or offensive act.
verb: to stand or come directly in front of; to face with defiance or hostility
noun: flippant or insulting boldness; audacity
Orator fit, poeta nascitur.
An orator is made; a poet is born.
Disdainful; haughty and aloof.
ORO, ORARE, ORAVI, ORATUM
<L. "to speak"
1. A shrine where the ancient Greeks consulted one of their gods for advice or prophecy.
2. A prophecy made at such a shrine.
3. A person who transmits prophecy from a deity.
4. A person or thing regarded as able to give wise guidance.
An address or formal speech given on a special occasion.
A mouth or vent; an opening.
A cut or notch.
1. A written contract between two parties.
2. An agreement binding an apprentice to work for a master.
To bind by written contract.
A long three-pronged fork or weapon.
A specialist who corrects irregularly positioned teeth.
<L. "throat," "whirlpool"
1. A deep, narrow passage with rocky sides, enclosed between mountains.
2. Gluttonous eating.
3. A feeling of nausea (used with rise).
1. To eat greedily.
2. To fill full; to stuff.
1. To expel from the throat or stomach; to vomit.
2. To discharge violently.
Of immense size; gigantic.
A grotesque carved human or animal figure, especially one used as a rainspout carrying water clear of a wall.
1. To cause to pour back or cast up partially digested food; to vomit.
2. To rush or surge back.
Upgrade to remove ads