5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Beth is a victim of Carl's violation of a criminal law. Criminal law is con¬cerned with
a. the prosecution of private individuals by other private individuals.
b. the prosecution of public officials by private individuals.
c. the relief available when a person's rights are violated.
d. wrongs committed against the public as a whole.
- A long arm statute permits a court to exercise jurisdiction over an out-of-state defendant.
- Common law is a term for the law that is known to most of us.
- Hawaii enacts a state law that violates the U.S. Constitution. This law can be enforced by
a. no one.
b. the federal government only.
c. the state of Hawaii only.
d. the United States Supreme Court only.
- Dian, a U.S. citizen, is the owner of Eagle, Inc. The Bill of Rights embod¬ies a series of protections for Dian against various types of interference by
a. business entities only.
b. private individuals only.
c. the government only.
d. business entities, private individuals, and the government.
- a C
- b TRUE
- c FALSE
- d D
- e A
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
A state law that conflicts with the U.S. Constitution will be deemed unconstitutional. → TRUE
Ann files a suit against Beta Products, Inc. Beta responds that even if Ann's statement of the facts is true, according to the law Beta is not liable. This is
a. a counterclaim.
b. a motion for judgment on the pleadings.
c. a motion for summary judgment.
d. a motion to dismiss. → D
A federal form of government is one in which sovereign power is vested entirely in a central governing authority. → FALSE
Under the Constitution, the legislative branch of the government
a. administers the laws.
b. enforces the laws.
c. interprets the laws.
d. makes the laws. → FALSE
The First Amendment protects symbolic speech. → FALSE