5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- lactic acid
- a __ __has different uses out of muscle cells & is carried to the liver via bloodstream
- b Single, short contraction involving only a few motor units
- c Functional unit of a muscle cell; repeating units composed of myofibrils
- d __ is the layer of connective tissue closely around each muscle.
- e __ consists of 2 twisted strands with globular cross-bridges projected outwards along the strands
5 Multiple choice questions
- Within a group of muscles, 1 muscle doing the most work is
- the movable end of a muscle
- area in which sarcolemma is tightly folded; nuclei & mitochondria = abundant
- myofibrils play a fundamental role in __ ___.
- Layers of connective tissue that hold muscle in position; Separate 1 muscle from another & projects to form tendon
5 True/False questions
synergists → helper muscles
threshold stimulus → A muscle fiber remains unresponsive to stimulation unless the stimulation is of a certain strength
cramp → energy source for contraction comes from molecules of:
creatine phosphate → When ATP supply is low, __ __ promotes the synthesis of creatine phosphate
muscles → I bands are thick filaments and are anchored to _ _.