5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- prime mover
- isotonic contraction
- a Within a group of muscles, 1 muscle doing the most work is
- b Functional unit of a muscle cell; repeating units composed of myofibrils
- c organs that use chemical energy to contract
- d Muscle shortens, movement occurs, work results
- e thick filaments are made of __.
5 Multiple choice questions
- I bands are thick filaments and are anchored to _ _.
- __ and __ are 2 proteins associated with the surface of actin filaments
- __ covers each muscle cell fiber.
- An increase in the # of activated motor units within a muscle at higher intensities of stimulation
- 3 types of muscle in the body
5 True/False questions
neurotransmitters → synaptic vesicles store __.
creatine phosphokinase → transverse tubules lie between two __.
aponeuroses → helper muscles
perimysium → __ is the layer of connective tissue closely around each muscle.
motor end plate → Amount of oxygen that liver cells require to convert lactic acid to glucose, & amount that muscle cells need to resynthesize ATP & creatine phosphate