5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- latent period
- transverse tubules
- isotonic contraction
- a Muscle shortens, movement occurs, work results
- b invaginations of the sarcolemma
- c Layer of connective tissue that surrounds entire muscle
- d Muscles are connected by broad sheets of connective tissue called __.
- e Time delay between when stimulus is applied & when the muscle contracts
5 Multiple choice questions
- synaptic vesicles store __.
- transverse tubules lie between two __.
- the cell cytoplasm of the muscle fiber
- thick filaments are made of __.
- Single, short contraction involving only a few motor units
5 True/False questions
endomysium → Layer of connective tissue that surrounds entire muscle
tropomyosin, tropinin → __ stores oxygen in muscle tissue.
intercalated disks → the movable end of a muscle
all-or-none response → area in which sarcolemma is tightly folded; nuclei & mitochondria = abundant
striations → A series of simple twitches add up to a contraction