5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- isometric contraction
- lactic acid
- tetanic contraction (tetany)
- a Muscle contracts but doesn't shorten, no movement/work, only tension
- b If the sustained contraction lacks any relaxation, its called:
- c thick filaments are made of __.
- d synaptic vesicles store __.
- e __ __ accumulates as an end product of anaerobic respiration
5 Multiple choice questions
- __ consists of 2 twisted strands with globular cross-bridges projected outwards along the strands
- __ stores oxygen in muscle tissue.
- Broad fibrous connective tissue sheets found in cranium & obliques
- Muscle shortens, movement occurs, work results
- 3 major muscle functions
5 True/False questions
hemoglobin → thick filaments are made of __.
fascia → Layers of connective tissue that hold muscle in position; Separate 1 muscle from another & projects to form tendon
muscles → I bands are thick filaments and are anchored to _ _.
sarcoplasm → the cell cytoplasm of the muscle fiber
all-or-none response → Broad fibrous connective tissue sheets found in cranium & obliques