5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What sort of tests measure recognition of info?
- Which one is more effective for moving information bits from STM to LTM?
- Axon terminals
- What are teratogens? What is fetal alcohol syndrome?
- a Multiple choice test
- b Any substance capable of altering fetal development in non heritable ways that cause birth defects ex radiation, drugs
- c The microscopic space between 2 neurons over which messages pass
- d Branching fibers at the end of an Axon. Link up with dendrites and somas of other neurons. Allows info to pass from neuron to neuron.
- e elaborative rehearsal
5 Multiple choice questions
- A mental image or visual representation
- Period of intellectual development characterized by thinking that included abstract, theoretical, and hypothetical
- The study of progressive changes in behavior and abilities from conception to death
- Adolescence is the culturally defined period between childhood and adulthood. Puberty is the biologically defined period during which a person matures sexually and becomes capable of reproduction.
- Ind - color Blue on advertising spokesperson wearing
Depend - The belief that the spokesperson is right
5 True/False questions
How did the "Rat Wonderland" experiment demonstrate these effects? → Rats were split into 3 separate cages. 1 kept in normal conditions. 1 in a deprived environment in dark, no toys, 1 in an environment where the toys were always changing facilitating learning and exploration. At the End the stimulated rat's brain weighed more then the other 2.
Please be able to recognize or provide an example of suppression. → A traumatic childhood experience, or a rape
Approximately what percentage of adult intelligence comes from heredity (genes)? → Less then 50%
What are natural clinical tests? → Adopted kids in a house with parents and their biologically kids. Study do adopted kids IQ more closely resemble adopted parents or biological parents.
What is self-fulfilling prophecy? → A predication that prompts people to act in ways that make the prediction come true