5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is Piaget's Preoperational stage of cognitive development?
- What do developmental psychologists study?
- How does language affect these children's cognitive abilities?
- What are mechanical solutions for problem-solving?
- What sort of cognitive tasks can we perform in working memory?
- a "mental scratchpad" briefly hold information when we are solving math problems, doing a puzzle, plan a meal or read a book, or follow directions
- b The study of progressive changes in behavior and abilities from conception to death
- c Period of intellectual development during which children begin to use language and think symbolically, yet remain intuitive and egocentric in thought
- d A problem solution achieved by trial and error or by a fixed procedure based on learned rules
- e Ability to think symbolically
5 Multiple choice questions
- Use a large sample group
- Poor community, rural areas, ethnic minority
- Parents are mildly disabled
- The first, normally unconscious, stage of memory which holds an exact record of incoming information for a few seconds or less.
5 True/False questions
Please be able to recognize or provide an example of suppression. → Trying to forget a test that you failed
What is random selection and what is its purpose? → rigidity in problem solving caused by an inability to see new uses for familiar objects. Ex Tacks/candle problem
What is the capacity of STM? → The outer layer of the cerebrum
What is an algorithm? → The predicted outcome of an experiment or educated guess about the relationship between variables
What are the effects of each environment on neural development? → An enriched environment will promote learning and growing, and a deprived one will inhibit them.