5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Please be able to recognize or provide examples of repression.
- How can emotions interfere with problem-solving?
- Psychology and Law
- How can chunking expand the capacity of STM?
- How is damage to the hippocampus related to anterograde amnesia?
- a Crime and crime prevention, rehab programs, prison, court room dynamics
- b An architect is afraid to try an unconventional design because she fears that other architects will think it is frivolous.
- c If the hippocampus is damaged, one may not be able to form long term memories, so every time they hear something they didn't before the damage was done it will be new to them.
- d A traumatic childhood experience, or a rape
- e Recodes or reorganizes information into units that are already in our LTM to make that information more easily recalled
5 Multiple choice questions
- Repression is unconsciously done; suppression is choosing not to think about an event.
- Finish college, hold advanced degree, professional position, write a book or scientific paper
- The first, normally unconscious, stage of memory which holds an exact record of incoming information for a few seconds or less.
- Environment affects IQ
- Branching fibers at the end of an Axon. Link up with dendrites and somas of other neurons. Allows info to pass from neuron to neuron.
5 True/False questions
What is correlation? → An increase in the relative size of the cerebral cortex
What is an authoritarian parenting style? Please be able to recognize or provide examples of an authoritarian parenting style. How do children raised by authoritarian parents behave? → Period of intellectual development during which children begin to use language and think symbolically, yet remain intuitive and egocentric in thought
How many chromosomes do children inherit from each parent? → An architect is afraid to try an unconventional design because she fears that other architects will think it is frivolous.
Which one is more effective for moving information bits from STM to LTM? → Information quickly dumped, very sensitive to interruption or interference
What is a negative correlation? → A statistical relationship in which move in opposite directions together