5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- semantic memory
- psychic energy
- ivan pavlov
- a your memory for meanings and general (impersonal) facts
- b "anything that happens to us that alters our thoughts or views"
- c Freud's term for the biologically based instinctual drives that he believed fuels behavior, thoughts and feelings
- d Russian physiologist who observed conditioned salivary responses in dogs (1849-1936) (CLASSICAL CONDITIONING)
- e the diminishing of a conditioned response; occurs in classical conditioning when an unconditioned stimulus (US) does not follow a conditioned stimulus (CS); occurs in operant conditioning when a response is no longer reinforced.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a schedule where reinforcement happens after a varied number of responses
- very specific, systematic methods that always reach a correct result
- an operant conditioning procedure in which reinforcers guide behavior toward closer and closer approximations of the desired behavior
- Memory of learned skills that does not require conscious recollection
- a reason for doing something
5 True/False questions
fixed ratio → Russian physiologist who observed conditioned salivary responses in dogs (1849-1936) (CLASSICAL CONDITIONING)
autonomic reflex → nothing that we've learned, just natural physical response such (dog saliva/straw lecture story)
conditioned response → in classical conditioning, the unlearned, naturally occurring response to the unconditioned stimulus (US), such as salivation when food is in the mouth.
achievement testing → a test designed to asses what a person has learned
HYPOTHALAMUS → forebrain region that governs motivation and emotional responses