5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- (Theodore) Roosevelt
- Urban Sector
- Espionage Act of 1917 and Sedition Act of 1918
- Progressive Era
- a A German U-Boat sinks this passenger ship which actually hed ammunition and gets Americans riled up.
- b Vice President of McKinely. This man is very outdoorsy and politically astute as well as an extremely strong executive.
- c View themselves as educated, scientific, and avante garde.
- d Used to prosecute people who criticized the government.
- e Era marked by the expansive action of the government; the government reasserts itself over business interests.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Roosevelt's handpicked successor who thought all trusts were bad and should be prosecuted. He breaks up the Steel Trust that was given Roosevelt's blessing.
- The three tiers of entitlement Woodrow Wilson sought to battle
- This head of the Veteran's Bureau steals $200 million.
- 1923-1928 Extremely conservative and Laissez-Faire. "The business of America is business."
- Set up a series of regional banks to better control the flow of money.
5 True/False questions
Zimmerman Telegram → View themselves as educated, scientific, and avante garde.
Ku Klux Klan → Journalists and artists who used their talents to expose the underhanded workings of business and govt.
Schenk v. US → Fear of communist revolution, fear grew out of Bolshevik Revolution and growing popularity of leftist ideas.
Sacco and Vanzetti → Court case that decides the Espionage and Sedition Acts are legal.
Teapot Dome Scandal → Canal built by U.S. 1904-1917.