5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marcus Garvey and United Negro Improvement Association
- Urban Sector
- Ku Klux Klan
- Wilson's Fourteen Points
- a This man and his organization promoted the idea the Blacks needed to be independent of white society and led a back to Africa movement by establishing the Black Star Cruise Line both fail.
- b Resurrected and repackaged as an All-American Protestant social organization.
- c Very idealistic plan to ensure world peace, introduces the League of Nations, very concilliatory towards Germany.
- d A German U-Boat sinks this passenger ship which actually hed ammunition and gets Americans riled up.
- e View themselves as educated, scientific, and avante garde.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Theodore Roosevelt orders the Justice department to investigate and prosecute J.P. Morgan's holding company for an anti-trust violation.
- 48 people get killed in this riot that resulted from competition over jobs and housing.
- Allows government to investigate corporations for trust-like actions.
- Oranized by labor, the government, and management to settle disputes.
- U.S. becomes the police of the Western Hemisphere, because Latin American nations owed European nations money and the President wanted to make sure that European nations didn't interfere.
5 True/False questions
Progressive Era → Era marked by the expansive action of the government; the government reasserts itself over business interests.
19th Amendment → Allowed income tax to replace tariffs as the primary source of income.
(Gifford) Pinchot → This democratic nominee wins the election of 1912.
(Warren G) Harding → Ran with the slogan "Return to Normalcy" and conveys the idea that the Progressive idea was abnormal. Surrounds himself with friends.
Clayton Anti-Trust Act → Two Italian anarchists. They're arrested for robbery and murder without proof and are sentenced to death.