5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Espionage Act of 1917 and Sedition Act of 1918
- Teapot Dome Scandal
- Tariff, banking, and trusts
- Panama Canal
- a Used to prosecute people who criticized the government.
- b The three tiers of entitlement Woodrow Wilson sought to battle
- c Canal built by U.S. 1904-1917.
- d 1919-1933. 18th Amendment is passed, prohibiting the sale and manufacturing of alcohol.
- e Secretary of the Interior, Albert Falls, leases federally protected oil fields to private companies in exchange for bribes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Court case that decides the Espionage and Sedition Acts are legal.
- Italy, Germany Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire (Italy changes sides halfway through)
- A German U-Boat sinks this passenger ship which actually hed ammunition and gets Americans riled up.
- This head of the Veteran's Bureau steals $200 million.
- Oranized by labor, the government, and management to settle disputes.
5 True/False questions
(William Howard) Taft → 1923-1928 Extremely conservative and Laissez-Faire. "The business of America is business."
Clayton Anti-Trust Act → More aggressive anti-trust law that protected labor unions.
George Creel → Canal built by U.S. 1904-1917.
Archduke Francis Ferdinand → Assassinated by the Black Hand this led to the start of WWI because he was the succesor to the A-H throne.
(Warren G) Harding → 1923-1928 Extremely conservative and Laissez-Faire. "The business of America is business."