5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- (Gifford) Pinchot
- Clayton Anti-Trust Act
- 19th Amendment
- Meat Inspection Act of 1906
- Triple Alliance
- a Roosevelt's Chief of Forest Service who sets aside 125 million acres of land.
- b Act declaring that all meat transported over state lines will be inspected.
- c More aggressive anti-trust law that protected labor unions.
- d Italy, Germany Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire (Italy changes sides halfway through)
- e Amendment that guarantees suffrage to women.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This head of the Veteran's Bureau steals $200 million.
- Set up a series of regional banks to better control the flow of money.
- U.S. becomes the police of the Western Hemisphere, because Latin American nations owed European nations money and the President wanted to make sure that European nations didn't interfere.
- What's the name of the party Roosevelt establishes in the election of 1912 when he doesn't get the nomination?
- Explosion of Black art, philosophy, expression, politics, and identity.
5 True/False questions
Red Scare → Fear of communist revolution, fear grew out of Bolshevik Revolution and growing popularity of leftist ideas.
(Woodrow) Wilson → 1919-1933. 18th Amendment is passed, prohibiting the sale and manufacturing of alcohol.
Great White Fleet → Roosevelt sends the Navy on a worldwide tour to illustrate America's naval power to the world--especially Asia.
Rural Sector → They are the true America: Chrisitan, moral, and best represent traditions of the nation.
Progressive Era → Era marked by the expansive action of the government; the government reasserts itself over business interests.