5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Northern Securities Case
- (William Howard) Taft
- Scopes Monkey Trial
- Archduke Francis Ferdinand
- Federal Reserve Act
- a John Scopes, a teacher who teaches evolution in school in Dayton, Tennessee, is arrested and put on trial for breaking state law. Win for the urban sector even though Scopes was proven guilty.
- b Roosevelt's handpicked successor who thought all trusts were bad and should be prosecuted. He breaks up the Steel Trust that was given Roosevelt's blessing.
- c Set up a series of regional banks to better control the flow of money.
- d Assassinated by the Black Hand this led to the start of WWI because he was the succesor to the A-H throne.
- e Theodore Roosevelt orders the Justice department to investigate and prosecute J.P. Morgan's holding company for an anti-trust violation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Used to prosecute people who criticized the government.
- Court case that decides the Espionage and Sedition Acts are legal.
- The three tiers of entitlement Woodrow Wilson sought to battle
- A German U-Boat sinks this passenger ship which actually hed ammunition and gets Americans riled up.
- This head of the Veteran's Bureau steals $200 million.
5 True/False questions
Urban Sector → View themselves as educated, scientific, and avante garde.
(Theodore) Roosevelt → Vice President of McKinely. This man is very outdoorsy and politically astute as well as an extremely strong executive.
19th Amendment → Amendment that guarantees suffrage to women.
Rural Sector → View themselves as educated, scientific, and avante garde.
Triple Entente → France, Britain, Russia