Upgrade to remove ads
Lecture 7: Poverty
Terms in this set (11)
Where in the world has the highest percentage of people living in extreme poverty?
Sub Saharan Africa
Where is poverty concentrated
South Asia and Sub Saharan Africa
The numbers of people in poverty is greatest in ?
The proportion of poor people is highest in ?
Sub Sharan Africa
less than $1.25
defined by $2
Why is inflation important?
1. lowers the value of the dollar 2. commodity prices goes up
What are the causes of poverty? (8)
1. colonization and its legacy
2. the structure of the world economy
3. increasing of globalization
5. ineffective gov't policies
6. political and economic instability
7. natural disasters
Solutions to poverty? (7)
1. education and family planning
2. change of gov't that are more representative
3. sharing tech-crops, medicine, food
4. formation of a trading block
5. debt reduction
6. social and economic reforms
7. reward system of aid
Where do you expect urbanization to be the highest ?
What is the impact of urbanization? (11)
1. Creation of slums and squatter settlements.
4. Excessive metropolitan areas.
6. Inadequate transportation system
7. Inadequate infrastructure
8. Environmental Degradation
10. Westernization vs. Local Culture
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Lecture 8: Migration
Lecture 8: Migration Part II
Lecture 9: Health
Lecture 10: Women in the Developing World
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
The Changing Economic World - Nigeria
AQA Changing Economic World - Nigeria NEE
SOC Ch. 6
Sociology quiz 6
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Prueba de practicando el ley en español
Gun Violence Regulation and Prevention Systems & C…
Regulation as Crime Prevention
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Chemistry 100 ("Ginormous Quiz")
Chem-Chapter 6 (Carbohydrates)
Comprehension Check: How the Brain Processes Visua…
Capstone Practice Mock - Comprehensive