5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- geothermal energy
- a This is what the Dutch call land reclaimed from the sea in this way
- b energy produced from the heat of the earths interior. This kind of energy accounts for a large share of the power used for heat and electricity in Iceland
- c sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
- d a political division or state. One of the states in Switzerland
- e Hot, dry prevailing winds from North Africa that blow over the Southeastern region of Spain.
5 Multiple choice questions
- an extended decline in business activity
- able to produce abundant crops
- a single currency to be used by member nations
- areas of wet, spongy ground
- means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
5 True/False questions
Industrial Revolution → the spread of cultural elements from one society to another and adopt the practices of their neighbors. Farming is an example of this spreading from Southwest Asia to Western Europe.
tsunami → highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps
perishable good → deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
dike → rocky material containing a valuable mineral
neutral → not taking sides in conflict. Switzerland is an example of this and since that time of them deciding not to take any sides in conflict, no other European country has invaded its borders.