5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dry farming
- a a geologic phenomenon in which the ground in an area sinks. This happened in Venice
- b this caused the Potato famine in Ireland in the 1840's. It is a plant disease that destroyed the potato crop year after year.
- c broad, treeless rolling plains
- d sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
- e methods that leave land unplanted every few years in order to gather moisture
5 Multiple choice questions
- The North Atlantic Drift carries tropical waters toward Europe. The winds that blow across this warm current define this word.
- means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
- areas of wet, spongy ground
- the spread of cultural elements from one society to another and adopt the practices of their neighbors. Farming is an example of this spreading from Southwest Asia to Western Europe.
- transfer power to smaller regions. An example of this is when Belgium transfered power to regions of Wallonia, Flanders and Brussels
5 True/False questions
confederation → sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
mixed economy → Nordic countries share certain political and economic beliefs. All five of the Nordic nations are democracies and their systems are defined as this term. It is systems combining different degrees of government regulation. They practice a mixture of free enterprise and socialism
perishable good → deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
strip mining → miners strip away the surface of the earth to lay bare the mineral deposits.
seismic activity → miners strip away the surface of the earth to lay bare the mineral deposits.