5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Florence, Italy
- a a huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake)
- b a cultural center made famous by Michelangelo and other Italian painters during the Renaissance period.
- c highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps
- d when glaciers melted, water filled the calleys creating flooded glacial valleys. The definition is creating flooded glacial valleys.
- e able to produce abundant crops
5 Multiple choice questions
- Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula
- deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
- This is what the Dutch call land reclaimed from the sea in this way
- the change from an agricultural to an industrial society and from home manufacturing to factory production, especially the one that took place in England from about 1750 to about 1850.
- brought under state control. France brought under control some businesses considered vital to national interests.
5 True/False questions
peat → a spongy material containing waterlogged mosses and plants
strip mining → miners strip away the surface of the earth to lay bare the mineral deposits.
perishable good → doesnt stay fresh for long.
inhabitable → deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
bogs → broad, treeless rolling plains