5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- seismic activity
- mixed economy
- a rocky material containing a valuable mineral
- b embankments of earth and rock to hold back the water
- c Nordic countries share certain political and economic beliefs. All five of the Nordic nations are democracies and their systems are defined as this term. It is systems combining different degrees of government regulation. They practice a mixture of free enterprise and socialism
- d sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
- e Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula
5 Multiple choice questions
- able to produce abundant crops
- when glaciers melted, water filled the calleys creating flooded glacial valleys. The definition is creating flooded glacial valleys.
- the spread of cultural elements from one society to another and adopt the practices of their neighbors. Farming is an example of this spreading from Southwest Asia to Western Europe.
- transfer power to smaller regions. An example of this is when Belgium transfered power to regions of Wallonia, Flanders and Brussels
- a school of late 19th century French painters who pictured appearances by strokes of unmixed colors to give the impression of reflected light. Monet and Renoir were artists that painted this style of paintings.
5 True/False questions
canton → a political division or state. One of the states in Switzerland
bogs → broad, treeless rolling plains
tsunami → highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps
graben → areas of land that have dropped down between faults. The Aegean Sea to the east of the Greek mainland occupies one of these.
glen → rocky material containing a valuable mineral