5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Industrial Revolution
- cultural divergence
- a highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps
- b deliberate efforts to keep cultures separate. An example of this would be The fighting between Irish Catholics and Protestants led to an example of this.
- c broad, treeless rolling plains
- d a political division or state. One of the states in Switzerland
- e the change from an agricultural to an industrial society and from home manufacturing to factory production, especially the one that took place in England from about 1750 to about 1850.
5 Multiple choice questions
- energy produced from the heat of the earths interior. This kind of energy accounts for a large share of the power used for heat and electricity in Iceland
- deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
- This is what the Dutch call land reclaimed from the sea in this way
- Hot, dry prevailing winds from North Africa that blow over the Southeastern region of Spain.
- transfer power to smaller regions. An example of this is when Belgium transfered power to regions of Wallonia, Flanders and Brussels
5 True/False questions
euro → central point of concentrated activity and influence. An example of this would be Madrid as it was the central point of concentrated activity and of transportation routes
prevaling westerlies → means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
tertiary economic activities → Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula
fertile → able to produce abundant crops
graben → areas of land that have dropped down between faults. The Aegean Sea to the east of the Greek mainland occupies one of these.