5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dry farming
- a rocky material containing a valuable mineral
- b transfer power to smaller regions. An example of this is when Belgium transfered power to regions of Wallonia, Flanders and Brussels
- c methods that leave land unplanted every few years in order to gather moisture
- d not taking sides in conflict. Switzerland is an example of this and since that time of them deciding not to take any sides in conflict, no other European country has invaded its borders.
- e a loose political union. An example of this was starting in the late 1700's the state of Prussia in what is now eastern Germany led a movement to merge many German states.
5 Multiple choice questions
- broad, treeless rolling plains
- a cultural center made famous by Michelangelo and other Italian painters during the Renaissance period.
- areas of wet, spongy ground
- a soft, brown coal that is easy to mine but pollutes the air heavily
- areas of land that have dropped down between faults. The Aegean Sea to the east of the Greek mainland occupies one of these.
5 True/False questions
dialect → variations of a language that are unique to a region or a community., a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
cultural divergence → deliberate efforts to keep cultures separate. An example of this would be The fighting between Irish Catholics and Protestants led to an example of this.
perishable good → doesnt stay fresh for long.
peat → a spongy material containing waterlogged mosses and plants
dike → rocky material containing a valuable mineral