5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a transfer power to smaller regions. An example of this is when Belgium transfered power to regions of Wallonia, Flanders and Brussels
- b a loose political union. An example of this was starting in the late 1700's the state of Prussia in what is now eastern Germany led a movement to merge many German states.
- c areas of wet, spongy ground
- d able to produce abundant crops
- e deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
5 Multiple choice questions
- rocky material containing a valuable mineral
- an extended decline in business activity
- paying money for war damages
- miners strip away the surface of the earth to lay bare the mineral deposits.
- variations of a language that are unique to a region or a community., a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
5 True/False questions
summit → highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps
hub → central point of concentrated activity and influence. An example of this would be Madrid as it was the central point of concentrated activity and of transportation routes
Industrial Revolution → the change from an agricultural to an industrial society and from home manufacturing to factory production, especially the one that took place in England from about 1750 to about 1850.
moor → rocky material containing a valuable mineral
tertiary economic activities → Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula