5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- geothermal energy
- a Hot, dry prevailing winds from North Africa that blow over the Southeastern region of Spain.
- b a geologic phenomenon in which the ground in an area sinks. This happened in Venice
- c This is what the Dutch call land reclaimed from the sea in this way
- d a huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake)
- e energy produced from the heat of the earths interior. This kind of energy accounts for a large share of the power used for heat and electricity in Iceland
5 Multiple choice questions
- means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
- a spongy material containing waterlogged mosses and plants
- not taking sides in conflict. Switzerland is an example of this and since that time of them deciding not to take any sides in conflict, no other European country has invaded its borders.
- areas of wet, spongy ground
- narrow valley
5 True/False questions
ignite → embankments of earth and rock to hold back the water
seismic activity → Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula
ore → a single currency to be used by member nations
navigable → deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
dike → rocky material containing a valuable mineral