5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Florence, Italy
- a a school of late 19th century French painters who pictured appearances by strokes of unmixed colors to give the impression of reflected light. Monet and Renoir were artists that painted this style of paintings.
- b areas of land that have dropped down between faults. The Aegean Sea to the east of the Greek mainland occupies one of these.
- c a loose political union. An example of this was starting in the late 1700's the state of Prussia in what is now eastern Germany led a movement to merge many German states.
- d a single currency to be used by member nations
- e a cultural center made famous by Michelangelo and other Italian painters during the Renaissance period.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the change from an agricultural to an industrial society and from home manufacturing to factory production, especially the one that took place in England from about 1750 to about 1850.
- highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps
- means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
- the spread of cultural elements from one society to another and adopt the practices of their neighbors. Farming is an example of this spreading from Southwest Asia to Western Europe.
- transfer power to smaller regions. An example of this is when Belgium transfered power to regions of Wallonia, Flanders and Brussels
5 True/False questions
neutral → a single currency to be used by member nations
seismic activity → Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula
inhabitable → to be able to support permanent residents
tertiary economic activities → the opposite of industrial activities. This term refers to service industries such as finance, insurance and tourism
subsidence → highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps