5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Duchy of Warsaw. (Poland); also received Finland
- All territory conquered by Napoléon.
- Balance of Power
- Status Quo
- Clemens Von Metternich
- a Austria's foreign minister, a prince, who helped orchestrate Austria's role in Europe via the Congress of Vienna and "architect"
of the Congress.
- b The situation in which it was before (the condition in which)
- c distribution of military and economic power that prevents any one nation from becoming too strong
- d France was denied this by the Congress of Vienna
- e Russia was given most of this territory by the Congress of Vienna
5 Multiple choice questions
- A political ideology that emphasizes the civil rights of citizens, representative government, and the protection of private property.
- Russian Czar who ruled in the early 1800's during the Napoleonic wars. He created the Holy Alliance, and used the Scorched Earth Policy
- Principle by which monarchies that had been unseated by the French Revolution or Napoleon were restored
- What did Sardinia receive from the Congress of Vienna?
- What was Britain given by the Congress of Vienna?
5 True/False questions
Castlereagh → He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
Talleyrand → The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,
Carlsbad Decree → Russian Czar who ruled in the early 1800's during the Napoleonic wars. He created the Holy Alliance, and used the Scorched Earth Policy
Quadruple Alliance → Organization, made up of Austria, Britain, Prussia, and Russia, to preserve the peace settlement of 1815; France joined in 1818.
Congress of Vienna → French monarch who was restored to the throne by the allies after Napoleon was defeated.