5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Congress of Vienna
- Holy Alliance
- Quadruple Alliance
- Hanover was enlarged, and made a kingdom
- a An international conference (1814-15) held at Vienna after Napoleon's banishment to Elba, with Metternich as the dominant figure, aimed at territorial resettlement and restoration to power of the crowned heads of Europe.
- b Spain and the Two Sicilies reinstated rulers, abolished the constitutions and returned to what kind of governmnent
- c Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I
- d What happened to Hanover as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
- e Organization, made up of Austria, Britain, Prussia, and Russia, to preserve the peace settlement of 1815; France joined in 1818.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Consisted of 38 sovereign states recognized by the Vienna settlement, and was dominated by Austria and Prussia (b/c of their size)
- The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,
- The unique cultural identity of a people based on common language, religion, and national symbols
- Agreement that gave Greece its independence. The Ottoman Turks agreed to submit to the terms offered by England, France, and Russia
- Great Britain's foreign secretary, wanted to get away from the autocratic states of Europe. He withdrew England from the Quintuple Alliance in 1822.
5 True/False questions
Liberalism → The unique cultural identity of a people based on common language, religion, and national symbols
Balance of Power → distribution of military and economic power that prevents any one nation from becoming too strong
Ferdinand VII → Bourbon ruler who was restored in the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
Ferdinand I → King of Spain who was returned to the throne by the Congress of Vienna. A revolt occurred in Spain after he removed the constitution put in place by Napoleon. Four members of the Quintuple Alliance sent the French into Spain to crush the revolt.
Cape Colony, South Africa, and various other colonies in Africa and Asia. → What was Britain given by the Congress of Vienna?