5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Status Quo
- They were joined
- a Extremists who not only oppose change, but generally would like to turn the clock back to the way things were before
- b What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
- c Who suppressed freedom of speech and press in Austria and set up a secret police system to spy on revolutionary organizations and individuals
- d The situation in which it was before (the condition in which)
- e A political ideology that emphasizes the civil rights of citizens, representative government, and the protection of private property.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Agreement that gave Greece its independence. The Ottoman Turks agreed to submit to the terms offered by England, France, and Russia
- France was denied this by the Congress of Vienna
- Metternich believed in what form of government?
- Organization, made up of Austria, Britain, Prussia, and Russia, to preserve the peace settlement of 1815; France joined in 1818.
- He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
5 True/False questions
Talleyrand → The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,
Balance of Power → Extremists who not only oppose change, but generally would like to turn the clock back to the way things were before
Holy Alliance → Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I
Legitimacy → Who suppressed freedom of speech and press in Austria and set up a secret police system to spy on revolutionary organizations and individuals
George Canning → Great Britain's foreign secretary, wanted to get away from the autocratic states of Europe. He withdrew England from the Quintuple Alliance in 1822.