5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Carlsbad Decree
- Piedmont, Nice, Savoy, and Genoa.
- Hanover was enlarged, and made a kingdom
- King Frederick William III
- a What did Sardinia receive from the Congress of Vienna?
- b The Prussian representative at the Congress of Vienna
- c What happened to Hanover as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
- d Launched in 1819 under Metternich and the Holy Alliance these decrees forbade any revolutionary propaganda in the German states. This included and elaborate spy system who's purpose was to be on the lookout for any revolutionary, and potentially dangerous people.
- e He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Organization, made up of Austria, Britain, Prussia, and Russia, to preserve the peace settlement of 1815; France joined in 1818.
- Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I
- distribution of military and economic power that prevents any one nation from becoming too strong
- In order to keep its constitutional government, what did Switzerland agree to?
- Russia was given most of this territory by the Congress of Vienna
5 True/False questions
Reactionaries → The unique cultural identity of a people based on common language, religion, and national symbols
German Confederation → Great Britain's foreign secretary, wanted to get away from the autocratic states of Europe. He withdrew England from the Quintuple Alliance in 1822.
Absolutism → The unique cultural identity of a people based on common language, religion, and national symbols
They were joined → What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
Alexander I → Russian Czar who ruled in the early 1800's during the Napoleonic wars. He created the Holy Alliance, and used the Scorched Earth Policy