5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Duchy of Warsaw. (Poland); also received Finland
- Absolute monarchy
- Treaty of Adrianople
- All territory conquered by Napoléon.
- Holy Alliance
- a Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I
- b Metternich believed in what form of government?
- c Russia was given most of this territory by the Congress of Vienna
- d Agreement that gave Greece its independence. The Ottoman Turks agreed to submit to the terms offered by England, France, and Russia
- e France was denied this by the Congress of Vienna
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who suppressed freedom of speech and press in Austria and set up a secret police system to spy on revolutionary organizations and individuals
- He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
- How much of an indemnity did France have to pay.
- A political ideology that emphasizes the civil rights of citizens, representative government, and the protection of private property.
- Austria's foreign minister, a prince, who helped orchestrate Austria's role in Europe via the Congress of Vienna and "architect"
of the Congress.
5 True/False questions
Switzerland agreed to remain neutral → What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
Hanover was enlarged, and made a kingdom → What happened to Hanover as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
Cape Colony, South Africa, and various other colonies in Africa and Asia. → Prussia was given these territories by the Congress of Vienna
Quadruple Alliance → Organization, made up of Austria, Britain, Prussia, and Russia, to preserve the peace settlement of 1815; France joined in 1818.
Louis XVIII → Principle by which monarchies that had been unseated by the French Revolution or Napoleon were restored