5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Louis XVIII
- Quadruple Alliance
- a A political ideology that emphasizes the civil rights of citizens, representative government, and the protection of private property.
- b French monarch who was restored to the throne by the allies after Napoleon was defeated.
- c Organization, made up of Austria, Britain, Prussia, and Russia, to preserve the peace settlement of 1815; France joined in 1818.
- d Extremists who not only oppose change, but generally would like to turn the clock back to the way things were before
- e The unique cultural identity of a people based on common language, religion, and national symbols
5 Multiple choice questions
- What happened to Hanover as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
- Agreement that gave Greece its independence. The Ottoman Turks agreed to submit to the terms offered by England, France, and Russia
- Russia was given most of this territory by the Congress of Vienna
- What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
- Consisted of 38 sovereign states recognized by the Vienna settlement, and was dominated by Austria and Prussia (b/c of their size)
5 True/False questions
Talleyrand → The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,
Status Quo → Who suppressed freedom of speech and press in Austria and set up a secret police system to spy on revolutionary organizations and individuals
Clemens Von Metternich → Austria's foreign minister, a prince, who helped orchestrate Austria's role in Europe via the Congress of Vienna and "architect"
of the Congress.
Absolutism → The unique cultural identity of a people based on common language, religion, and national symbols
700,000,000 francs → How much of an indemnity did France have to pay.