5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ferdinand VII
- Holy Alliance
- Cape Colony, South Africa, and various other colonies in Africa and Asia.
- half of Saxony, parts of Poland, and other German territories
- Alexander I
- a Prussia was given these territories by the Congress of Vienna
- b King of Spain who was returned to the throne by the Congress of Vienna. A revolt occurred in Spain after he removed the constitution put in place by Napoleon. Four members of the Quintuple Alliance sent the French into Spain to crush the revolt.
- c Russian Czar who ruled in the early 1800's during the Napoleonic wars. He created the Holy Alliance, and used the Scorched Earth Policy
- d Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I
- e What was Britain given by the Congress of Vienna?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Spain and the Two Sicilies reinstated rulers, abolished the constitutions and returned to what kind of governmnent
- What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
- The situation in which it was before (the condition in which)
- France was denied this by the Congress of Vienna
- French monarch who was restored to the throne by the allies after Napoleon was defeated.
5 True/False questions
Metternich → He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
Carlsbad Decree → Launched in 1819 under Metternich and the Holy Alliance these decrees forbade any revolutionary propaganda in the German states. This included and elaborate spy system who's purpose was to be on the lookout for any revolutionary, and potentially dangerous people.
700,000,000 francs → The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,
German Confederation → Consisted of 38 sovereign states recognized by the Vienna settlement, and was dominated by Austria and Prussia (b/c of their size)
Quadruple Alliance → Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I