5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Treaty of Adrianople
- Balance of Power
- Status Quo
- Cape Colony, South Africa, and various other colonies in Africa and Asia.
- Piedmont, Nice, Savoy, and Genoa.
- a distribution of military and economic power that prevents any one nation from becoming too strong
- b The situation in which it was before (the condition in which)
- c What did Sardinia receive from the Congress of Vienna?
- d Agreement that gave Greece its independence. The Ottoman Turks agreed to submit to the terms offered by England, France, and Russia
- e What was Britain given by the Congress of Vienna?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
- Consisted of 38 sovereign states recognized by the Vienna settlement, and was dominated by Austria and Prussia (b/c of their size)
- Austria's foreign minister, a prince, who helped orchestrate Austria's role in Europe via the Congress of Vienna and "architect"
of the Congress.
- The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,
- In order to keep its constitutional government, what did Switzerland agree to?
5 True/False questions
Holy Alliance → Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I
Carlsbad Decree → Russian Czar who ruled in the early 1800's during the Napoleonic wars. He created the Holy Alliance, and used the Scorched Earth Policy
Metternich → He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
Hanover was enlarged, and made a kingdom → Consisted of 38 sovereign states recognized by the Vienna settlement, and was dominated by Austria and Prussia (b/c of their size)
Duchy of Warsaw. (Poland); also received Finland → Russia was given most of this territory by the Congress of Vienna