5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Forced Migration
- Medical Revolution
- Dependency Ratio
- a Permanent movement compelled usually by cultural factors.
- b Medical technology invented in Europe and North America that is diffused to the poorer countries of Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Improved medical practices have eliminated many of the traditional causes of death in poorer countries and enabled more people to live longer and healthier lives.
- c The number of people under the age of 15 and over age 64, compared to the number of people active in the labor force.
- d Net migration from urban to rural areas in more developed countries.
- e All types of movement from one location to another.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The average number of children a woman will have throughout her childbearing years.
- Permanent movement within one region of a country.
- The number of years needed to double a population, assuming a constant rate of natural increase.
- The area subject to flooding during a given number of years according to historical trends.
- Large-scale emigration by talented people.
5 True/False questions
Crude Death Rate (CDR) → The total number of live births in a year for every 1,000 people alive in the society.
Zero Population Growth → The number of a people in an area exceeds the capacity of the environment to support life at a decent standard of living.
International Migration → Permanent movement from one country to another.
Arithmetic Density → The total number of people divided by the total land area.
Internal Migration → Permanent movement from one country to another.