5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Natural Increase Rate (NIR)
- Intervening Obstacle
- Physiological Density
- a The area subject to flooding during a given number of years according to historical trends.
- b The number of people per unit of area of arable land, which is land suitable for agriculture.
- c The percentage growth of a population in a year, computed as the crude birth rate minus the crude death rate.
- d Migration from a location.
- e An environmental or cultural feature of the landscape that hinders migration.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In reference to migration, a law that places maximum limits on the number of people who can immigrate to a country each year.
- Large-scale emigration by talented people.
- The total number of people divided by the total land area.
- Workers who migrate to the more developed countries of Northern and Western Europe, usually from Southern of Eastern Europe or from North Africa, in search of higher-paying jobs.
- The difference between the level of immigration and the level of emigration.
5 True/False questions
Immigration → Migration to a new location.
Voluntary Migration → Permanent movement undertaken by choice.
Ecumene → The portion of Earth's surface occupied by permanent human settlement.
Crude Birth Rate (CBR) → The total number of deaths in a year for every 1,000 people alive in the society.
Census → People who are forced to migrate from their home country and cannot return for fear of persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group, or political opinion.