5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sex Ratio
- Medical Revolution
- Zero Population Growth
- a In reference to migration, a law that places maximum limits on the number of people who can immigrate to a country each year.
- b The number of males per 100 females in the population.
- c Short-term, repetitive, or cyclical movement that recur on a regular basis.
- d A decline of the total fertility rate to the point where the natural increase rate equals zero.
- e Medical technology invented in Europe and North America that is diffused to the poorer countries of Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Improved medical practices have eliminated many of the traditional causes of death in poorer countries and enabled more people to live longer and healthier lives.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Permanent movement compelled usually by cultural factors.
- All types of movement from one location to another.
- Large-scale emigration by talented people.
- The area subject to flooding during a given number of years according to historical trends.
- The number of years needed to double a population, assuming a constant rate of natural increase.
5 True/False questions
Agricultural Revolution → The time when human beings first domesticated plants and animals and no longer relied entirely on hunting and gathering.
Chain Migration → The difference between the level of immigration and the level of emigration.
Intraregional Migration → Permanent movement within one region of a country.
Immigration → Migration from a location.
Migration Transition → The process of change in a society's population from a condition of high crude birth and death rates and low rate of natural increase to a condition of low crude birth and death rates, low rate of natural increase, and a higher total population.