Wordly Wise 3000® Level 6, Lesson 1
Terms in this set (15)
(n) A fond or tender feeling.
(v) 1. To make an earnest request; to ask.
2. To be of interest to; to be attractive to.
(n) 1. An earnest request for help.
2. The power to attract or be of interest.
(v) To grasp or hold tightly.
(n) 1. A strong grasp or hold.
2. Something, such as a hook or fastener, that holds two parts together.
(adj) Easily or plainly seen.
(v) 1. To give along with others who are giving.
2. To have a part in bringing about.
(v) To make known; to state openly.
(adj) Skilled at speaking or writing; having the power to move people.
(v) To show in public.
(n) An item or collection of items in a public show.
(n) A boat that carries people and goods back and forth across a stretch of water.
(v) To move people or goods by boat across a stretch of water.
(n) A person who comes into a country to live there.
(adj) 1. Very tall or high.
2. Noble in feeling or ideals.
3. Showing a too-proud or superior attitude.
(n) A base or support on which something stands.
(v) To treat cruelly or harshly because of political, religious, or other differences.
(n) The state of being poor.
(v) 1. To remove a covering from.
2. To make known or reveal for the first time.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Academic Word Lists - AWL Sublists
Wordly Wise 3000 book 6 Lesson 1
SA 6th Wordly Wise 1
Wordly Wise 3000 Book 6 Lesson 1
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Wordly Wise 3000® Level 12, Lesson 1
Wordly Wise 3000® Level 11, Lesson 1
Wordly Wise 3000® Level 10, Lesson 1
Wordly Wise 3000® Level 7, Lesson 1