5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Five Pillar: Faith
- Five Pillar: Fasting
- a During the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Muslims fast between dawn and sunset. A simple meal is eaten at the end of the day. Fasting serves to remind Muslims that their spiritual needs are greater than their physical needs
- b Followers of Muhammad's example - Believe that the first four caliphs were rightly guided; that Muslim rulers should follow the Sunna or Muhammad's example; lastly that the Shi'a have distorted the meaning of various passages of the Qur'an
- c To become a Muslim, a person would have to testify to the statement of faith - "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."
- d A group who believed that the prophets son in law should have succeeded Muhammad; that all Muslim rulers should be descended from Muhammad; and lastly that the Sunni have distorted the meaning of various passages in the Qur'an - Shi'a means "party of Ali"
- e Successor or deputy
5 Multiple choice questions
- A religion - means "One who has submitted"
- A caliphate which was formed by Shi'a Muslims who claimed descent from Muhammad's daughter Fatima
- After repel against the Umayyads, the Abbasids came to power in 750. The Abbasids moved to a new capital and developed a strong bureaucracy to conduct the huge empire's affairs. They had groups to manage the business and the army. Overall they were very successful
- Claimed to be the messenger of Allah who took great interest in religion and was the last of the Prophets
- Meaning "Submission to the will of Allah"
5 True/False questions
Sufi → A group of people who rejected the luxurious life of the Umayyads and they pursued a life of poverty and made a devotion to a spiritual path
Hijrah → The name of the migration when Muhammad and his followers left Mecca because of being attacked
Calligraphy → Successor or deputy
Five Pillar: Pilgrimage → Five times every day, Muslims face toward Mecca to pray. They assemble at a mosque
Sunna → Followers of Muhammad's example - Believe that the first four caliphs were rightly guided; that Muslim rulers should follow the Sunna or Muhammad's example; lastly that the Shi'a have distorted the meaning of various passages of the Qur'an