5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- House Of Widsom
- a A building opened by Caliph Al - Ma'mun in Bagdad which combined all three of a library, an academy and a translation center
- b Holy book of the Muslims where the revelations were collected
- c A religion - means "One who has submitted"
- d An Islamic house of worship
- e A caliphate which was formed by Shi'a Muslims who claimed descent from Muhammad's daughter Fatima
5 Multiple choice questions
- The migration or pilgramage
- System of law which regulates family life and moral conduct. Also community and business life of Muslims
- During the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Muslims fast between dawn and sunset. A simple meal is eaten at the end of the day. Fasting serves to remind Muslims that their spiritual needs are greater than their physical needs
- To become a Muslim, a person would have to testify to the statement of faith - "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."
- Meaning "Submission to the will of Allah"
5 True/False questions
Five Pillar: Pilgrimage → Five times every day, Muslims face toward Mecca to pray. They assemble at a mosque
Sufi → Followers of Muhammad's example - Believe that the first four caliphs were rightly guided; that Muslim rulers should follow the Sunna or Muhammad's example; lastly that the Shi'a have distorted the meaning of various passages of the Qur'an
Shi'a → A group who believed that the prophets son in law should have succeeded Muhammad; that all Muslim rulers should be descended from Muhammad; and lastly that the Sunni have distorted the meaning of various passages in the Qur'an - Shi'a means "party of Ali"
Al-Andalus → The concept of belief in one god and the people worshiped Allah as Monotheism
Muhammad → Claimed to be the messenger of Allah who took great interest in religion and was the last of the Prophets