5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Five Pillar: Alms
- a Best way for proper living
- b Holy book of the Muslims where the revelations were collected
- c A religion - means "One who has submitted"
- d A place where the Berber armies stopped in the middle of the war and created a Muslim state here
- e Muhammad taught that all Muslims have a responsibility to support the less fortunate. Muslims meet that social responsibility by giving alms (money) for the poor through a special religious tax
5 Multiple choice questions
- Meaning "Submission to the will of Allah"
- The art of beautiful handwriting
- A family who came to power, moved the capital of Arabia to Damascus
- The concept of belief in one god and the people worshiped Allah as Monotheism
- Claimed to be the messenger of Allah who took great interest in religion and was the last of the Prophets
5 True/False questions
Shi'a → A group who believed that the prophets son in law should have succeeded Muhammad; that all Muslim rulers should be descended from Muhammad; and lastly that the Sunni have distorted the meaning of various passages in the Qur'an - Shi'a means "party of Ali"
Mosque → An Islamic house of worship
Five Pillar: Prayer → To become a Muslim, a person would have to testify to the statement of faith - "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."
Hijrah → The migration or pilgramage
Sunni → Followers of Muhammad's example - Believe that the first four caliphs were rightly guided; that Muslim rulers should follow the Sunna or Muhammad's example; lastly that the Shi'a have distorted the meaning of various passages of the Qur'an