5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A group of people who rejected the luxurious life of the Umayyads and they pursued a life of poverty and made a devotion to a spiritual path
- b The migration or pilgramage
- c Followers of Muhammad's example - Believe that the first four caliphs were rightly guided; that Muslim rulers should follow the Sunna or Muhammad's example; lastly that the Shi'a have distorted the meaning of various passages of the Qur'an
- d A group who believed that the prophets son in law should have succeeded Muhammad; that all Muslim rulers should be descended from Muhammad; and lastly that the Sunni have distorted the meaning of various passages in the Qur'an - Shi'a means "party of Ali"
- e The concept of belief in one god and the people worshiped Allah as Monotheism
5 Multiple choice questions
- To become a Muslim, a person would have to testify to the statement of faith - "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."
- A caliphate which was formed by Shi'a Muslims who claimed descent from Muhammad's daughter Fatima
- The name of the migration when Muhammad and his followers left Mecca because of being attacked
- Muhammad taught that all Muslims have a responsibility to support the less fortunate. Muslims meet that social responsibility by giving alms (money) for the poor through a special religious tax
- A family who came to power, moved the capital of Arabia to Damascus
5 True/False questions
Five Pillar: Fasting → To become a Muslim, a person would have to testify to the statement of faith - "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."
Mosque → An Islamic house of worship
House Of Widsom → A religion - means "One who has submitted"
Shari'a → System of law which regulates family life and moral conduct. Also community and business life of Muslims
Muslim → A religion - means "One who has submitted"