5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Five Pillar: Alms
- a A caliphate which was formed by Shi'a Muslims who claimed descent from Muhammad's daughter Fatima
- b The art of beautiful handwriting
- c Claimed to be the messenger of Allah who took great interest in religion and was the last of the Prophets
- d Successor or deputy
- e Muhammad taught that all Muslims have a responsibility to support the less fortunate. Muslims meet that social responsibility by giving alms (money) for the poor through a special religious tax
5 Multiple choice questions
- The migration or pilgramage
- A building opened by Caliph Al - Ma'mun in Bagdad which combined all three of a library, an academy and a translation center
- Five times every day, Muslims face toward Mecca to pray. They assemble at a mosque
- An Islamic house of worship
- After repel against the Umayyads, the Abbasids came to power in 750. The Abbasids moved to a new capital and developed a strong bureaucracy to conduct the huge empire's affairs. They had groups to manage the business and the army. Overall they were very successful
5 True/False questions
Muslim → Meaning "Submission to the will of Allah"
Islam → A religion - means "One who has submitted"
Sufi → A group of people who rejected the luxurious life of the Umayyads and they pursued a life of poverty and made a devotion to a spiritual path
Five Pillar: Faith → To become a Muslim, a person would have to testify to the statement of faith - "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."
Sunni → Followers of Muhammad's example - Believe that the first four caliphs were rightly guided; that Muslim rulers should follow the Sunna or Muhammad's example; lastly that the Shi'a have distorted the meaning of various passages of the Qur'an