5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- secondary source
- pattern book
- a text used when researching that is derived from something original (biographies, magazine articles)
- b skillfulness in speaking or writing
- c A book with a predictable language structure and often written with predictable text; also known as predictable book.
- d a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period
- e A word that means the same as another word
5 Multiple choice questions
- systematic investigation to establish facts about a subject or problem
- two words are homophones if they are pronounced the same way but differ in meaning or spelling or both (e.g. bare and bear)
- Attitude of the author toward the audience and characters
- The author's method of organizing text (e.g., foreshadowing, flashbacks).
- Writing or speech that is used to create vivid impressions by setting up comparisons between dissimilar things, [examples are metaphor, simile, and personification.
5 True/False questions
context clues → information from the reading that helps the reader to identify the meaning of an unknown word
conventions of language → Writing or speech that is used to create vivid impressions by setting up comparisons between dissimilar things, [examples are metaphor, simile, and personification.
phonics → the study of the sounds of the letters of the alphabet
reading critically → the study of language meaning
genre → a kind of literary or artistic work