BPOC 133rd Crowd Control
Terms in this set (24)
What is the definition of contact team ?
A proactive search team dedicated to locating and eliminating the deadly conduct that is occurring
What is the mission of a contact team ?
- Stop the deadly behavior
- Limit the suspects movement
- Prevent an escape
- Continue past victim s
- At the first opportunity, provide intelligence to other teams
What is the definition of rescue team ?
A slow moving and methodical team whose mission is to search for and recover downed citizens or officers
What is the mission of a rescue team ?
- Enterand/or approach location to locate victims
- Report suspect's location if possible
- Extract victims to safe area
- Notify medical personnel if necessary
- To gather intelligence on other hazards
What is a point man ?
- Team leader/ lead cover man
- Covers unknown threats while team enters a room to search
- Acts as a rear guard during the egress
What is the duty of the contact/rescue man #1 or "left flank" ?
- Maintains radio contact or communications with other officers
- Makes room entries
- Searches for victims
- Physically carries victims out on rescue
- Covers unknown threats on left flank
What is the duty of the contact/rescue man #2 or "right flank" ?
- Makes room entries
- Searches for victims
- Physically carries out victims
- Covers unknown threats on right flank
What is the duty of the rear guard ?
- Provides rear security for the team
- Acts as point man on the teams egress
What defines crowd management ?
When conditions or circumstances warrant a high level of awareness, departments should gather information and provide advanced warning for civil unrest
Resources for gathering intelligence should include but not limited to what ?
- Civic leaders and organization
- Citizen and church groups
- Street rumors
- Arrestees, utilize information from all known offenders with criminal history in civil unrest, not just those known to patrol
What are some factors to be considered when organizing for crowd management ?
- Court verdicts
- Union strikes
- Police shootings or incidents in a tense community
The first responder should assess the situation and advise the dispatcher as soon as possible with what information ?
- Activity of the crowd
- Size of the crowd
- Weapons or objects known
- Safest route for other officers to get to the scene
- Most practical location for a command post and parking
What are the key objectives to crowd control ?
- Disperse crowds
- Arrest violators
What is the definition of a crowd?
Is a large number of persons temporarily congregated
What are the different classifications of crowds?
What is the definition of a casual crowd ?
Has no unity of purpose and no leadership, shoppers, on-lookers, or watchers who come and go, and will usually respond to direction by police
What is the definition of a cohesive crowd ?
Usually assembles for a common purpose without leadership, spectators at sporting events, along parade routes, and other activities. They have a common interest but behave and think as individuals
What is the definition of a expressive crowd ?
Are assembled for some purpose. They have leadership and the intention of expressing an attitude for or against some person or idea, political rallies and picket lines
What is the definition of a aggressive crowd ?
Is usually assembled for some purpose. They have positive leadership, are determined to accomplish a specific end, and move actively toward their objective. usually high emotional tension is present. This type crowd can easily become a mob. Consequently, this type of crowd presents an acute police problem
A crowd develops into what when all or most members of the crowd have been instilled with the purpose and intent to carry out their purpose, regardless of the consequences ?
What are the different classifications of mobs?
What is the definition of an aggressive mob?
A mob that riots and terrorizes as in the case of race riots, lynching, political riots or prison riots
What is the definition of an escape mob?
A mob in the state of panic. In their attempt to secure safety by flight, members of the mob may have lost their power of reasoning
What is the definition of an acquisitive mob ?
A mob motivated by a desire to acquire something
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Academic Word Lists - AWL Sublists
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
BPOC 133rd MOA
BPOC 133 CIT
BPOC 133rd Problem Solving
BPOC 133rd Hazmat
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Hazardous Materials Awareness
CIT (Crisis Intervention Training)
Communication and Problem Solving
BPOC 133rd Traffic