Describe the multiple types of security systems present in many organizations. (p. 8)
- Physical security, to protect physical items, objects, or areas from unauthorized access and misuse.
- Personnel security, to protect the individual or group of individuals who are authorized to access the organization and its operations.
- Operations security, to protect the details of a particular operation or series of activities.
- Communications security, to protect communications media, technology, and content.
- Network security, to protect networking components, connections, and contents.
- Information security, to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets, whether in storage, processing, or transmission. It is achieved via the application of policy, education, training and awareness, and technology.