Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
marriage and family
Terms in this set (39)
• In acknowledging that there is not a simple answer to the reason for the number of broken homes, President Hinckley said that he considered _____________ to be the root cause of most of it.
• Robert Millet identified four things that have hacked away at the roots of our religious heritage. Which of the following is NOT one of the things he identified?
current political environmnet
• Elder Scott taught: In the Lord's plan, it takes
o two - a man and a woman - to form a whole
• According to President Packer, living together without marriage
o destroys something inside all who participate
• According to President Packer, "Even _________________ can serve good purpose as long as two people struggle to keep it from falling down around them."
a rickety marraige
• Elder Scott suggested that you can learn to be more effective parents by studying the lives of:
adam and eve
• President Packer said that the study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior.
• President Hinckley stated, "I am satisfied that a happy marriage______."
o is not so much a matter of romance as it is an anxious concern for the comfort and well-being of one's companion
• To find out if a kitten was male or female, a principal told Elder Packer that one of the youngsters in a class suggested that they could:
vote o nit
• President Packer's parable of the treasure and the keys was intended to teach:
o The importance of men and women working together to achieve eternal goals and receive joy without bounds
• President Hinckley said to the brethren that they knew there was no enduring happiness....without:
o the companionship of a good woman
• Elder Oaks stated: "Knowledge of the great plan of happiness also gives Latter-day Saints a distinctive attitude toward__________."
o the bearing and nurturing of children
• According to Elder Spencer W. Kimball, "Right marriage begins with __________."
o right dating
• President Hinckley stated, "The Lord has made us attractive one to another for a great purpose. But this very attraction becomes as a __________unless it is kept under control...."
o powder keg
• From the Strength of Youth we read: "Pornography in all its forms is especially dangerous and
• President Hinckley stated: "I say what has been said before, that missionary work is essentially a _______________."
o priesthood responsibility
• According to Spencer W. Kimball "Soul mates are ___________________."
o fiction and an illusion
• In discussing the role of prayer in getting married, Elder Bruce R. McConkie suggested that we "use both _________ and prayer."
• When the Lord reminded Oliver Cowdery of the revelation he had received he said, "Did I not speak _________ to your mind concerning the matter."
• In speaking to the priesthood brethren President Hinckley stated: "The girl you marry will _______________________."
o take a terrible chance on you
• In the article, "Reluctant to Marry" Victor Brown teaches us about developing relationship skills. He identifies three types or phases. Which of the following is not one of the three?
• Brother Brown suggested "It may be ______________that divides prudent preparation for marriage from worldly priorities that improperly delay marriage."
a fine line
• Victor Brown stated, "We must face the fact that an entire generation has been raised on________________________."
o a diet of unhappy stories about marriage
• According to Elder Holland, "The solutions to life's problems are___________________________."
always gospel solutions
• According to Elder Marvin J. Ashton, "True love is __________."
Elder John A. Widtsoe taught that love is the foundation of marriage, but love itself is a product of___________________________.
law and lives by law
Elder Kimball stated: "If one really loves another, one would rather __________ than to injure him."
die for that person
President Kimball stated: "Love is like _________, and , like the body it needs constant feeding."
In counseling young married couples President Kimball suggested that they "do well to immediately ______________________________________."
find their own home, separate and apart from that of the in-laws on either side
President Kimball gave a simple formula with few ingredients for a happy marriage. Which of the following is not one of the ingredients?
President Kimball taught that marriage can be _______________________.
more an exultant ecstasy than the human mind can conceive
President Benson gave six steps to prepare and prevent that will insure that you never fall into transgression. Which of the following is not one of them?
Remember that through proper repentance you can become clean again.
According to Elder Boyd K. Packer from the article, "Our Moral Environment," "Regardless of how lofty and moral the "pro-choice" argument sounds, ______________________________"
it is badly flawed
President Hinckley said, "I plead with you to be careful, to stand safetly _____________________"
back from the cliff of sin over which it is so easy to fall
President Harold B. Lee stated: "Our intellects...must always measure learning by
the gospel criteria:
Is it true? Is it uplifting? Will it benefit mankind?
According to Elder Oaks "We need to learn how to live so that ________________ ____________________ will not prevent us from achieving the goal that is eternal."
a weakness that is mortal
In teaching doctrine Elder Oaks reminded us that, "Our eternal destiny--exaltation in the celestial kingdom--is made possible only through the atonement of Jesus Christ ...and is only available to _______________."
a man and a woman who have entered into and been faithful to the covenants of eternal marriage in a temple of God
According to President Packer, "The thought that rescued Alma, when he acted upon it, is this: Restoring what you cannot restore, healing the wound you cannot heal, fixing that which you broke and you cannot fix is the very purpose of ______________________."
the atonement of Christ
There are several important things we must do to repent. In teaching about the Savior's role in that process Presdient Packer taught that in order to "earn forgiveness, one must make _____________."
Sets with similar terms
Marriage and Family Life
The Eternal Family, Part II
Marriage and Family Final
Teachings of the Living Prophets
Other sets by this creator
Latin 123 part 2
Gram negative organisms
Gram positive organisms