Upgrade to remove ads
Senior NCO Board possible questions
Terms in this set (31)
1. What is AFI 36-2618?
Enlisted Force Structure
2. What is the AF Core Values?
a. Integrity First
b. Service before self
c. Excellence in all we do
3. The enlisted force structure is comprised of distinct and separate tiers. What are they
Junior enlisted airmen
Noncommissioned Officer (NCO)
Senior Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO)
4. What is the primary focus of the SNCO Tier
5. What are the three enlisted and development levels
Tactical Expertise - AB through TSgt perfect their primary occupational skills and develop their
knowledge of AF institutional competencies. They are trained, Complete PME earn their 5 & 7
skill levels and often complete their CCAF degree.
Operational Competence Level - It normally applies to MSgt through CMSgt. This is where
SNCO's transition from being expert technicians and first line supervisors to leaders who have
broader operational leadership, supervisory and managerial responsibilities. They continue to
develop their knowledge of AF intuitional competencies and complete PME and their 9 skill
level and complete their CCAF degree.
Statigic Vision Level - sometimes applies to SMSgt's but normally to CMSgt's in HHq
positions. The primary focus at this time is the strategic leadership and management of the force
to best meet current and future missions.
6. What is AF Pamphlet 36-2241
Professional Development Guide
7. Can you explain the mission of the ANG
It has both a Federal and State Mission
8. Explain the State Mission
They report to the Governor of their respective state or territory
or the commanding General of the district of Columbia National Guard.
If Federalized they fall under the operational control of the President.
9. What are the Law of Armed Conflict, Code of Conduct, and general standards of conduct
They are part of international laws that regulates the conduct during armed hostilities.
10. What is Leadership
The art of influencing and directing people to accomplish the mission.
11. What are the Qualities of a good leader
a. Positive Attitude
12. What is meant when a commander tells you that he/she is empowering you to get the
They are given the responsibility, ownership and control over the work needed to complete the
13. As a leader and counselor what qualities are needed to be effective
a. Respect for subordinates
c. cultural awareness
14. Why is mentoring important
Through mentoring the wisdom and experience are passed on to the subordinate. It is the
framework of developing the future leaders.
15. What is the Air Force most precious asset
16. Why are people the Air Force's most precious asset
The AF invests in the training of the people to manage the resources to get the mission
17. What are the Principles of Communication
a. Focused- The sender has a clear idea of the purpose and objective.
b. Organized- Your material is presented in a logical, systematic manner.
c. Clear- We need to understand the rules of language- how to spell and pronounce words
and how to assemble and punctuate sentences.
d. Understanding- The expected format and length of the response, the due date, the level of
formality and any staffing requirements.
e. Supported- Support and Logic are the tools used to build credibility and trust with your
18. As a supervisor one of your personnel is having financial troubles that can you refer this
a. Family Readiness
b. Military One Source d. American Legion e. Operation Home Front
c. Enlisted Assoc of the National Guard of the United States
19. When attending an "Official or Social" (Black Tie Affair) function what uniform is
a. Mess Dress
No head gear or name tag and no saluting when in this uniform
20. What is the "Green Dot Review" about
An initiative designed to reduce interpersonal violence through bystander intervention.
21. SNCO's must be fully aware of the opportunities and various agencies in place to assist in
helping members of the enlisted force advance their careers. What does being an "Enlisted
Representative" mean to you
22. Mentoring is one of the primary duties a SNCO must perform. It is a responsibility to the
organization and it enhances the growth of potential leaders. Define "Mentoring" and what it
means to you.
23. A SNCO needs to consider and develop the vision of the organization. They should
continuously ask themselves, "What is the vision, what is the big picture"/ What is the "big
picture" in your mind
24. The "Big Picture" is a constantly moving target that can only be worked toward by
developing motivated and informed Airman. Everyone should be looking to the future and
be ready for change. Many times the Vision or Big Picture is unit specific; while this works,
a unit must be constantly following the changes in Air Force and Air National Guard
25. Without goals, vision is nothing more than something never accomplished a dream that
doesn't come to fruition. A SNCO must be goal oriented and understand the goals of their
subordinates and roles those goals play in the accomplishment of the mission. Why are goals
important to your section and the mission
26. A SNCO must exercise humility; giving credit where credit is due and always know their
success depends upon the action of their subordinates. Why is being humble important to the
success of your subordinates
27. Confidence is something a SNCO displays so those who follow are sure they're going in the
right direction. Define the characteristics of confidence.
28. A SNCO will always put their best foot forward. Dress and appearance, demeanor and
confidence, knowledge and attitude, and most of all, care and concern for the mission and the
people who make it happen. Why is this so important
29. A SNCO knows that it isn't just words that get the point across. They tirelessly ensure that
subordinates and the organization have a clear understanding of the mission and vision. Why
is it so important to be an effective communicator to your folks
30. Some people you naturally follow; a SNCO should have those qualities that cause people to
follow. A good SNCO will make sure that someone is better at their job than they are prior to
moving on. Why is leadership so important for a SNCO to have
31. One of the things a SNCO should be able to do is motivate people towards a goal. How do
you motivate people with your words and your actions
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
SNCO Promotion Board
Enlisted Force Structure
LM01: The POA & The SNCO (The Air Force Guiding Va…
SNCOA DL (Joint Warfighter)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
ADP 6-22 / ADRP 6-22 - Army Leadership
PDG Chapter 10
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
SENSOR OPERATOR MQF 1 JUL 2019
SNCOA - Module 2
SNCOA DLC (Self Awareness)
SNCOA part 1B
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Psych of Personality Test 2
OM 300 Exam 2
animal nutrition chapter 1