5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Death Penalty
- Culpability Score
- Grease payment
- Examples of routine governmental actions
- a Factors that can decrease the culpability score are called _______ factors
- b What is the maximum fine under FSGO
- c - Providing permits, licenses, or other official documents to qualify a person to do business in a foreign country.
- Processing governmental papers, such as visas and work orders.
- Providing police protection, mail pickup and delivery, or scheduling inspections associated with contract performance or inspections related to transit of goods across a country.
- Providing phone service, power, and water supply; loading and unloading cargo; or protecting perishable products or commodities from deterioration.
- Performing actions or a simular nature.
- d (FSGO) The calculation of a degree of blame or guilt that is used as a multiplier of up to 4 times the base fine. The culpability score can be adusted according to aggravating or mitigating factors.
- e Facilitating payments to foreign officials in order to expedite or secure the performance of a routine governmental action is know as a _________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Payments that are accceptable (legal) provided they expedite secure the performance of a routine governmental action refers to ______.
- All of the following are aggravating factors of the culpability score, except:
a) the organization willfully obstructed justice.
b) the organization had an effective program to prevent and detect violations of law.
c) the currrent offense violated a judicial order, injunction, or condition of probation.
d) high-level personnel were involved in or tolerated the criminal activity.
- (PCAOB) is an independent oversight body for auditing companies. They were charged with maintaining compliance with established standards and enforcing rules and disciplinary procedurees for those organizations that found themselves out of compliance.
- The best way to minimuze your culpability score is to make sure you have some form of program in place that can effectively detect and prevent violations of law - such as a _______ _______.
- Processing government papers such as visas is a routine government action. (true/false)
5 True/False questions
Title VIII → Which title required CEOs and CFOs to certify quarterly and annual reports to the SEC?
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. → Payments that are accceptable (legal) provided they expedite secure the performance of a routine governmental action refers to ______.
true → The SEC can enforce criminal penalties of up to $2 million per violation of the FCPA against corporate and business entities. (true/false)
5 years → The SEC can enforce criminal penalties of up to $2 million per violation of the FCPA against corporate and business entities. (true/false)
True → The primary purpose of the FCPA was to control bribery and other less obvious forms of payment to foreign officials and politicians by American publicly traded companies as they pursued internantional growth. (True/false)