5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Routine Governmental Action
- Facilitation payments
- US Federal Sentencing Commision
- a The comprehansive Crime Control Act established the U.S. Federal Sentencing Commission in 1984 by an charged it with developing uniform sentencing guidelines for offenders convicted of federal crimes. (true/false)
- b (FCPA) Any regular administrative process or procedure, excluding any action taken by a foreign official in the decision to award new or continuing business.
- c (PCAOB) is an independent oversight body for auditing companies. They were charged with maintaining compliance with established standards and enforcing rules and disciplinary procedurees for those organizations that found themselves out of compliance.
- d Established in 1994 by the Comprehensive Crime Control Act, charged with developing uniform sentencing guidelines for offenders convicted of federal crimes.
- e Payments that are accceptable (legal) provided they expedite secure the performance of a routine governmental action refers to ______.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is the maximum term of organizational prohibition?
- The SEC may bring civil fines of up to _____ per violation under the FCPA.
- Which title protects employees of companyies who provide evidence of fraud?
- (FCPA) The FCPA inclusion of wording from the Bank Secrecy Act and the Mail Fraud Act to prevent the movement of funds overseas for the express purpose of conducting a fradulent scheme.
- The SEC can enforce criminal penalties of up to $2 million per violation of the FCPA against corporate and business entities. (true/false)
5 True/False questions
True → All of the following are aggravating factors of the culpability score, except:
a) the organization willfully obstructed justice.
b) the organization had an effective program to prevent and detect violations of law.
c) the currrent offense violated a judicial order, injunction, or condition of probation.
d) high-level personnel were involved in or tolerated the criminal activity.
Secondary → What is the maximum term of organizational prohibition?
Mitigating → Factors that can decrease the culpability score are called _______ factors
True → In certain cases, a judge has the discretion to impose a "dealth penalty", where the fine is set high enough to match all the organizaion's assets. (true/false)
The Death Penalty → What is the maximum fine under FSGO