5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- base fine, Culpability Score, total fine
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- a Prior to the passing of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPa), illegal behavior was punishable only through the ______ sources of legislation.
- b The ________________ is a government agency within the Federal Reserve that oversees financial products and services
- c The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) placed more effective controls over the practice of bribing foreign officials and politicians by American publicly traded companies pursuing international growth. (true/false)
- d The three steps in calculating financial penalties under FSGO are: Determination of the _____ _____, the ______ _____, and determination of the _____ _____.
- e (PCAOB) is an independent oversight body for auditing companies. They were charged with maintaining compliance with established standards and enforcing rules and disciplinary procedurees for those organizations that found themselves out of compliance.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (FCPA) Any regular administrative process or procedure, excluding any action taken by a foreign official in the decision to award new or continuing business.
- Fortunately, if a bribe is unsuccessful, the company connot be found in violation of the FCPA. (true/false)
- What is the maximum term of organizational prohibition?
- All of the following are aggravating factors of the culpability score, except:
a) the organization willfully obstructed justice.
b) the organization had an effective program to prevent and detect violations of law.
c) the currrent offense violated a judicial order, injunction, or condition of probation.
d) high-level personnel were involved in or tolerated the criminal activity.
- (FCPA) The FCPA inclusion of wording from the Bank Secrecy Act and the Mail Fraud Act to prevent the movement of funds overseas for the express purpose of conducting a fradulent scheme.
5 True/False questions
Grease payment → Facilitating payments to foreign officials in order to expedite or secure the performance of a routine governmental action is know as a _________.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau → (CFPB) The ____ ____ _____ ___ was signed as an independent run entity in the Federal Reserve, the CFPB promises to act upon any perceived misconduct by financial intitutions in the treatment of their customers.
True → The first step of an effective compliance program, as prescribed by the FSGO, is management oversight. (true/false)
Financial Stability Oversight → (FSGO) The calculation of a degree of blame or guilt that is used as a multiplier of up to 4 times the base fine. The culpability score can be adusted according to aggravating or mitigating factors.
The Death Penalty → What is the maximum fine under FSGO