5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inferior vena cava
- umbilical vein
- a receives blood from lower limbs and abdominal organs and empties into the posterior part of the right atrium of the heart
- b A vein in the umbilical cord; brings nutrient blood from the mother to the fetus.
- c a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
- d first part of the small intestine
- e a flap of cartilage that covers the windpipe while swallowing
5 Multiple choice questions
- first part of the large intestine
- (air filled pocket with mucous membrane) - ducts drain into internal nose; help with conditioning of incoming air.
- hard bony projections in the jaws for chewing food
- belonging to or on or near the back or upper surface of an animal or organ or part
- Derived from tertiary bronchi. Walls made of smooth muscle. Subdivide into alveolar ducts that are derived from respiratory bronchioles.
5 True/False questions
systemic circuit → carries blood to the lungs for gas exchange and returns it to the heart
bile duct → Tube that carries bile from the liver and gallbladder to the intestine.
trachea → membranous tube with cartilaginous rings that conveys inhaled air from the larynx to the bronchi
hard palate → muscular posterior (back) portion of the palate
pharynx → voice box; passageway for air moving from pharynx to trachea; contains vocal cords