5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- salivary glands
- bile duct
- inferior vena cava
- umbilical vein
- skeletal muscle
- a Vouluntary, striated muscle that moves bones, works in pairs and is attatched to bones by tendons
- b A vein in the umbilical cord; brings nutrient blood from the mother to the fetus.
- c Tube that carries bile from the liver and gallbladder to the intestine.
- d receives blood from lower limbs and abdominal organs and empties into the posterior part of the right atrium of the heart
- e glands of the mouth that produce saliva, a digestive secretion
5 Multiple choice questions
- carries blood to the lungs for gas exchange and returns it to the heart
- (air filled pocket with mucous membrane) - ducts drain into internal nose; help with conditioning of incoming air.
- small rough elevations on tongue and roof of mouth; contain taste buds
- Middle portion of the small intestine
- the valve between the distal end of the esophagus and the stomach
5 True/False questions
duodenum → first part of the small intestine
thoracic cavity → the cavity in the vertebrate body enclosed by the ribs between the diaphragm and the neck and containing the lungs and heart
diapraghm → a flat muscle that seperates the chest from the abdominal cavity
ventral → nearest to or facing toward the axis of an organ or organism
pericardial membrane → the valve between the distal end of the esophagus and the stomach