5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pulmonary circuit
- large intestine
- a the last section of the digestive system, where water is absorbed from food and the remaining material is eliminated from the body
- b the paired ventilatory tubes of a vertebrate that branch into each lung at the lower end of the trachea
- c first part of the large intestine
- d carries blood to the lungs for gas exchange and returns it to the heart
- e thick middle muscle layer of the heart; pumps blood through the circulatory system
5 Multiple choice questions
- A vein in the umbilical cord; brings nutrient blood from the mother to the fetus.
- (air filled pocket with mucous membrane) - ducts drain into internal nose; help with conditioning of incoming air.
- voice box; passageway for air moving from pharynx to trachea; contains vocal cords
- belonging to or on or near the back or upper surface of an animal or organ or part
- the chamber on the left side of the heart that receives arterial blood from the left atrium and pumps it into the aorta
5 True/False questions
umbilical artery → A vein in the umbilical cord; brings nutrient blood from the mother to the fetus.
small intestine → digestive organ in which most chemical digestion takes place
mesentary → supportive membrane surrounding internal organs and attaching to the body wall
salivary glands → glands of the mouth that produce saliva, a digestive secretion
inferior vena cava → receives blood from the head and arms and chest and empties into the right atrium of the heart