1. Suppose there are only two firms in an economy: Cowhide, Inc. produces leather and sells it to Couches, Inc., which produces and sells leather furniture. With each $1,000 worth of leather that it buys from Cowhide, Inc., Couches, Inc. produces a couch and sells it for $2,600. Neither firm had any inventory at the beginning of 2015. During that year, Cowhide produced enough leather for 25 couches. Couches, Inc. bought 80% of that leather for $20,000 and promised to buy the remaining 20% for $5,000 in 2016. Couches, Inc. produced 20 couches during 2015 and sold each one during that year for $2,600. What was the economy's GDP for 2015?
a. $25,000 b. $52,000 c. $57,000 d. $65,000