Client-side and Server-side scripting
Terms in this set (6)
What is meant by the term client-side scripting?
The code of the client-side scripting language is sent to the client's browser and executed there.
Give 2 advantages of client-side scripting.
- reduces the processing load on the web server, thus improving server performance
- reduces the need for a page re-load from the server thus improving browser page refreshes
Give uses of client-side scripting.
- listen to events like a mouse click and do something when they occur
- modify the HTML and CSS of your page after the page has loaded
- make things move around the screen / hide and show information
What is meant by the term server-side scripting?
A server-side scripting language executes its code on the web-server before passing the generated HTML to the client's browser
Give 2 advantages of server-side scripting.
- more reliable and secure as client-side scripting can be disabled in a browser
- users can only see the HTML output, not your scripts
- access and modification of server-side resources, such as database data and server-side session variables
Give a disadvantage of server-side scripting.
- processing client requests, including multiple database access will put a stress on the load the server can cope with, thus delaying the user accessing their content
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL, GRE
3342 ASP.NET Midterm
Ch. 4 Software Development Vocab
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Security and Legal
Melody and Harmony