5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Crimean War
- Which war was an embarrassing defeat for the Russians?
- Camillo Cavour.
- the prisoners of the Vatican
- the Ems dispatch
- a A message that Bismarck used to get France to declare war on Germany
- b The Popes
- c Russo-Japanese
- d the war that lasted from 1853-1856 and which pitted Russia against the British, French, and Turks
- e the name of the Prime Minister of Sardinia who played a central role in the unification of Italy
5 Multiple choice questions
- Bismarck's attempt to weaken the role of the Church in Germany
- lower house of the German parliament
- King of Sardinia that became the first King of Italy in 1861
- three steps the German government took in 1871 to promote economic development
- Prussian Chancellor that succeeded in creating a united Germany
5 True/False questions
Francis Joseph I. → the name of the Austrian Emperor who granted limited reforms and granted a new constitution?
"the sick man of Europe" → The Balkan Peninsula
Zollverein. → the economic union created by Prussia that helped end economic barriers among several of the various German states
Russian Tsar that emancipated the serfs in 1861 → Bundesrat
Risorgimento. → name given to the Italian nationalist movement