5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pituitary gland
- endocrine system
- a Peptide hormone released by anterior pituitary which promotes lactation.
- b the master gland of the endocrine system
- c local hormones that do not enter the bloodstream
- d The male sex hormone produced by the testes which promotes the maturation of the reproductive system accessory structures, and development of the male secondary sex characteristics.
- e a collection of glands and groups of cells thats secrete hormones that regulate growth,development, and homeostsis
5 Multiple choice questions
- secreted in increasing amounts during puberty, by the anterior pituitary gland, to stimulate development of reproductive cell follicles
- part of the brain which links the endocine and nervous system, and controls the pituitary gland.
- excessive production of cortisol by adrenal cortex with symptoms of abnormal fat deposits and wasting away of muscle
- secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by regulating glucose, carbohydrates, and fat levels
- deficient hormone production by an endocrine gland
5 True/False questions
tetany → Hormone secreted by the pineal gland, used to regulate sleep patterns.
aldosterone → a corticosteroid hormone that is secreted by the cortex of the adrenal gland, regulates mineral balance in blood and controls fluid volumes
calcitonin → Hormone secreted by the pineal gland, used to regulate sleep patterns.
glucagon → a general term for female steroid sex hormones that are secreted by the ovary and responsible for typical female sexual characteristics
medulla → inner part of kidney which produces epineprine and norepinephrine