5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The male sex hormone produced by the testes which promotes the maturation of the reproductive system accessory structures, and development of the male secondary sex characteristics.
- b condition affecting nerves causing muscle spasms as a result of low amounts of calcium in the blood caused by a deficiency of the parathyroid hormone
- c local hormones that do not enter the bloodstream
- d outer part of kidney which produces corticosteroids; helps body deal with longtern stress
- e secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by regulating glucose, carbohydrates, and fat levels
5 Multiple choice questions
- located partially behind the stomach in the abdomen, and it functions as both an endocrine and exocrine gland. It produces digestive enzymes as well as insulin and glucagon
- a general term for female steroid sex hormones that are secreted by the ovary and responsible for typical female sexual characteristics
- deficient hormone production by an endocrine gland
- a hormone secreted by the beta cells of the Islets of Langerhans of the pancreas responsible for regulating the metabolism of glucose
- inner part of kidney which produces epineprine and norepinephrine
5 True/False questions
hypersecretion → excessive hormone production by an endocrine gland
negative feedback → Process that amplifies a small change (Reinforce change)
aldosterone → a corticosteroid hormone that is secreted by the cortex of the adrenal gland, regulates mineral balance in blood and controls fluid volumes
Prolactin → Peptide hormone released by anterior pituitary which promotes lactation.
adrenal gland → A small mass of tissue near the center of the brain; it secretes the hormone melatonin.