5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- protein hormones
- adrenocorticotropic hormone
- endocrine system
- a secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by regulating glucose, carbohydrates, and fat levels
- b A peptide hormone released from the anterior pituitary, it stimulates the production and secretion of steroid hormones by the adrenal cortex.
- c a collection of glands and groups of cells thats secrete hormones that regulate growth,development, and homeostsis
- d class of hormones that cannot pass through the cell membrane; less likely to be stored in the body
- e excessive hormone production by an endocrine gland
5 Multiple choice questions
- deficient hormone production by an endocrine gland
- mechanism of hormone action used by protein hormones; attach to cell membrane receptors which activate enzymes in the cell to produce the desired effect
- class of hormones that can pass through the cell membrane; can be stored in the body
- hormone secreted by alpha cells of the pancreas; raises blood glucose levels
- Process that amplifies a small change (Reinforce change)
5 True/False questions
cortex → secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by regulating glucose, carbohydrates, and fat levels
oxytocin → A hormone produced by the hypothalamus and released from the posterior pituitary. It induces contractions of the uterine muscles during labor.
follicle stimulating hormone → secreted in increasing amounts during puberty, by the anterior pituitary gland, to stimulate development of reproductive cell follicles
melatonin → Hormone secreted by the pineal gland, used to regulate sleep patterns.
hormones → secreted by parathyroid glands and controls calcium and phosphate metabolism