Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (5)
What is a pluralist democracy?
A form of liberal democracy in which power is widely dispersed.
Give two features of a pluralist democracy
1. Wide variety of political parties with many different political beliefs
2. High level of internal responsiveness (leaders are accountable to members and decision-making is democratic)
How can citizens participate in a pluralist democracy?
Pressure groups, party membership, elections, referendums, e-petitions, protests, strikes etc.
Give three features of a pluralist democracy
1. Impartial government - Responsive to competing pressure group activity
2. Open participation for pressure groups - no groups can be excluded
3. Wide dispersal of power
Give two examples of functional representation
1. Being part of a trade union - allows you to do a union strike
2. Joining a pressure group - helping to represent a minority
Sets found in the same folder
Referendums: Arguments for and against
Sets with similar terms
1.1 Democracy and Participation
AP Gov Unit One
Other sets by this creator
The UK Constitution
Work, Power and Energy
Other Quizlet sets
Civil war study guide
WWII and Great Depression Test PUBLIC USE
Thtr 1020 final
CHLH 243 Exam 3