5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mara is pregnant, and she recently watched a news program about the negative effects of mercury on a fetus. To alleviate her fears about mercury poisoning, Mara should limit eating:
- Amber is given a Stanford-Binet intelligence test. Her mental age is determined to be 12.8 and her chronological age is 11.0. Which of the following can be said about Amber?
- ) Rachel has always enjoyed reading. Now that she is a parent, she provides her daughter with many books to read, hoping the child also will learn to enjoy reading. How do behavior geneticists refer to this type of correlation between heredity and environment?
- Which type of classrooms has been found in research to enhance advanced writing skills, and improve self-regulatory and cognitive control skills in at-risk preschool children?
- A young child might be heard saying, "That tree pushed the leaf off and it fell down." The child's belief
- a fish
- b Her IQ score is above the majority of the population
- c . passive genotype-environment correlation
- d animism.
- e Tools of the Mind classrooms
5 Multiple choice questions
- can be prosocial or antisocial.
- of a higher socioeconomic status
- Punishment will always increase the modeling of moral behavior
- salient; relevant
5 True/False questions
When teachers adjust their level of support and guidance tot he level of skill of the student, it is called: → scaffolding
The longitudinal method of research consists of: → studying the same individuals over a long period of time
The term "child maltreatment" includes all but which f the following pssibilities? → 30
The specialization of function in each of the two hemispheres of the cerebral cortex in the brain is called: → lateralization.
Kang has been diagnosed with ADHD, and Kang recently started a common form of drug therapy. Kang is probably receiving a _____. → stimulant