5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- FB Louis XIV Writing desk
- En Suite
- Saltire stretcher
- a A series of rooms that adjoin each other
- b a heavy curtain hung across a doorway
- d Flower gardens arranged in formal, often symmetrical, patterns with separating paths
- e Stretchers in X-form of Italian origin, sometimes scrolled or in serpentine form with a finial in the center
5 Multiple choice questions
- a room used primarily for exhibition of art objects; a drawing room.
- a ceiling having a cove at it's intersection with the wall.
5 True/False questions
FB Louis XIV Bureau Mazarin → a 17th century desk form named more or less in memory of Cardinal Mazarin, regent of France from 1642 to 1661. It is the earliest predecessor of the pedestal desk and differs from it by having only two tiers of drawers or three tiers of rather small drawers under the desktop surface, followed by eight legs supporting the whole. Also, the bureau Mazarin has cross braces between the legs, forming two Xs or two Hs on each side.
commode → : golden or gilded brass or bronze used for decorative purposes (as in mounts for furniture)
FB Louis XIV Commodes → French Sofa or Fauteuil expanded to 3 seats
Boulle marquetry → an allover pattern with motifs placed in a repeated design, esp. on a rectangular or diagonal grid.
FB Louis XIV fauteuil →