5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stanley Milgram
- Phillip Zimbardo
- Benjamin Whorf
- Simon LeVay
- Henry Murray
- a Thematic Apperception Test (TAT); studies achievement motivation
- b Language theorist; Linguistic Determinism (Language Affects Thinking)
- c Social Psychologist; Did the "Stanford Prison Study" on role-playing
- d Discovered that a portion of the hypothalamus was smaller in gay men
- e Obedience studies using "shock"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Studied the "bystander effect" or "diffusion of responsibility"
- Studied secure & insecure attachment in children by placing them in "strange situations"
- Cognitive-Behaviorist; Developed cognitive therapy for depression (irrational thinking impacts emotions)
- Cognitive psychologist; Latent Learning & cognitive maps in rats
- Stress and the "General Adaptation Syndrome"
5 True/False questions
Elizabeth Loftus → Memory construction; False memory syndrome; eye-witness identification
G. Stanley Hall → Obedience studies using "shock"
Muzafer Sherif → Suggestibility studies (conformity) involving the apparent movement of lights; studies "cooperation" with kids at camp
Howard Gardner → Multiple Intelligences including "musical", "body-kinesthetic", & naturalistic intelligence
Abraham Maslow → Humanist; Hierarchy of Needs; Self-actualization