Upgrade to remove ads
Four Perspectives on the Passion 242-260 (Matthew Mark Luke John)
Terms in this set (19)
242. Jesus, as God, has complete control of the moment of his death.
243. Jesus was on a journey and so, too, the people that followed him.
244. The turning point of history was Jesus' Resurrection.
245. The focal point for this entire Gospel was the death of Jesus and what His death revealed about Him.
246. Evangelist who highlighted how death fulfilled promises and hopes of the Jewish community.
247. Evangelist who highlighted how death was purpose of Jesus becoming flesh.
248. Evangelist who highlighted Jesus' marriage to Mary of Magdalene.
249. Evangelist who highlighted how death was not the fault of the Roman procurator.
250. Evangelist who highlighted Roman centurion's at the Cross proclamation about Jesus.
251. Evangelist who highlighted Mary Magdalene's repentance away from a life of prostitution.
252. Evangelist who includes stories of the Beloved Disciple.
253. Evangelist who tells the story of Jesus washing His disciples' feet.
254. Evangelist who highlights the many women who followed Jesus from Galilee.
Mark or Luke
255. Evangelist who presents two thieves at the Cross, with Jesus telling one of them that he will join Jesus in paradise that very day.
256. Evangelist who notes that Jesus' last words were, "It is finished."
257. Evangelist who notes that Jesus' last words were, "Father, into your hands I commend my Spirit."
258. Evangelists who record Jesus praying Psalm 22, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabacthani?" ("My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?")
Matthew or Mark
259. Evangelist who noted that the earth shook at the moment Jesus died, with bodies of the saints leaving tombs and visiting people.
260. Evangelist who tells the story of Jesus asking Peter three different times, "Do you love me?"
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
The Passion and Resurrection Test Dr. Goodall
Gospel of John
The Gospels: Four Portraits of Jesus
Differences between the Synoptic Gospels
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Chapter 3 Enlightenment Vocab List
CCC Unit 1
Eng Unit II "Of Plymouth Plantation" and "Contempl…
Passion Events in All Four Gospels 216-241 (A=all…