1. Pituitary tumors - benign adenoma, HA, Vision loss.
2. hyper-secretion- Prolactin, Acromegaly, Cushings, LH/FSH/TSH rare
3. hypopituitarism - GH def, LH/FSH def, TSH def aka low TSH low T4, Adrenal insuff
4. Dysfunction - Idio, tumor, surgery, radiation autoimmune damage, trauma
5. Sheehan's syndrome - postpartum HTN cause pit death.
Obesity (not morbid), HTN, Psych, Proximal muscle weakness, Moon facies, Striae, Bruising, Osteoporosis/fractures. Acne, hursuitism, irreg periods, higher sugars. 1. Diabetes - tight control. team approach.
2. short stature : Constitutional, hypothyroid, GH def.
3. constitutional delay - short with nl rate, late puberty. Xray hand.
4. hypothyroidism - subnormal rate, short, heavy, quiet. Do IGF-1
5. growth hormone deficiency - Sub normal rate, needs more testing, IGF-1 (not GH)
6. late puberty - Complete or partial (assess gonad hormones), Constitutainal= normal but late. Girls 13, Boys 14
7. early puberty - Isosexual, heterosexual, complete or partial breast or pubic, Central or perish (ov cyst, gonad tumor?)
8. turner's syndrome - XO, short, No breast, ova. YES hair. Problem with insert. RX with estrogen.
9. Klinefelters syndrome - XXY, normal male, small testies. RX: testosterone for puberty. Infertility
Nervous, increased appetite, weight loss, sweating, hyperactivity, palpitations, heat intolerance, restless sleep, fatigue, headache, diarrhea. Weight gain, fatigue, lethargy, feeling cold, oligomenorrhea, dry skin, coarse hair, constipation, hyperlipidemia, delayed reflexes, poor growth in kids, bradycardia, depression