Terms in this set (13)
1. What was the U.S. response to the Soviet Union in 1933?
Roosevelt extended the hand of diplomatic recognition to the Russians
2. What was the target of the Good Neighbor Policy?
Consultation and nonintervention
3. What were two good neighbor events in 1934?
Roosevelt resisted badgering the Mexican government and
4. What made the Reciprocal Trade Agreements Act a landmark?
Paved the way for American-led free-trade international economic system that took shape after WWI
5. How were Japan and Germany alike in resentment and demands?
Resented the treaty of Versailles and demanded living space
What was the purpose of the Nye Committee?
To investigate munitions makers' blame for US entry into WWI
6. What Neutrality Acts were passed?
To legislate the nation out of war
7. What two metaphors were used to refer to Congress's isolationist tendencies?
Head in the sand and storm cellular
8. What was the fate of the Panay?
Bombed and sank by Japanese aviators
was unique about the 1940 conscription law?
10. What name was given to an isolationist organization created in the late 1930s?
America First Committee
11. Why was Lend-Lease called "the new Triple-A bill" by a critic?
Because it was a measure designed to "plow under every fourth American boy"
What was the purpose of the Atlantic Charter?
Declaration of allied war aims
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Chapter 25 US History Terms
Chapter 25 APUSH Terms
Apush ch. 25
LS and Assignments Chap 25
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Amendments to the Constitution
Sadlier Oxford Vocabulary Level H Units 10-12
Sadlier-Oxford Vocabulary Level H Units 7-9
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...