5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- is what Hamilton believed that the elastic clause in the document grants the congress power to use means necessary to carry out the power such as setting up the bank. Jefferson believed in in the narrow or strict power.
- He believed (with Madison) in a narrow or strict view of Constitution and the Constitution did not give the government power to set up a national bank.
- it ended all major Indian hostilities in that region until Tecumsehs War and battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, the battle of Fallen Timbers occurred in 1794.
- to pay damages/fees for the us vessels the took.
- Secretary of War - Henry Knox, Secretary of State - Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of Treasury - Alexander Hamilton, Advise the Govt. for legal Matters - Edomen Randolph
5 True/False questions
Virginia and Kentucky resolutions - what did the resolutions declare → that the Alien and Sedation acts violated the constitution, no other states supported Kentucky and Virginia
Why did Hamilton support national bank? → Hamilton believed in a loose or broad construction of the Constitution. He thought the bank was necessary and proper to carry out the government duties.
Aliens and Sedation Acts - what did these relations declare → targeted aliens (immigrants who were not yet citizens). One act incrsed the waiting period to become a citizen from 5 to 14 years. Other acts gave the president power to arrest disloyal alients or order them out of the country. A fourth act outlawed sedation - saying or writing anything false or harmful about the government.
John Adams elected president - What was noteworthy about his election? → Washington urged on by Hamilton was prepared to enforce the tax and crush the Whiskey rebellion. They feared that not to act would weaken its authority.
XYZ affair - What affect did the XYZ affair have on US / French Relations? → Washington urged on by Hamilton was prepared to enforce the tax and crush the Whiskey rebellion. They feared that not to act would weaken its authority.