5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Foreign alliances, no more than one political party, not to spend money we don't have
- gave the americans the right to travel freely on the mississippi river and the right to store goods at the port of new orleans without paying costum duties.
- that the Alien and Sedation acts violated the constitution, no other states supported Kentucky and Virginia
- Hamilton believed in a loose or broad construction of the Constitution. He thought the bank was necessary and proper to carry out the government duties.
- This was the first election in 1796 where political parties competed. He was a Federalist, Jefferson was the Democrat-Republican candiate.
5 True/False questions
French Revolution- How did the French Revolution affect the US? → It helped exports, it almost resulted in war between the US and Great Brittian, the US was able to make the Louisiana Purchase. Some engineers moved to the US.
Why did Jefferson oppose national bank? → He believed (with Madison) in a narrow or strict view of Constitution and the Constitution did not give the government power to set up a national bank.
Aliens and Sedation Acts - what did these relations declare → that the Alien and Sedation acts violated the constitution, no other states supported Kentucky and Virginia
XYZ affair - What affect did the XYZ affair have on US / French Relations? → three Agents known as X Y & Z told the americans that they would not get talks w/the French minister unless they loaned France 10 million $ and pay the minister a bribe of $250,000. Adams refused to pay. The US canceled its treaties w/France and allowed US ships to sieze french vessels.
Jay's Treaty - What did Britian and the US finally agree to? → to pay damages/fees for the us vessels the took.