5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hamilton believed in a loose or broad construction of the Constitution. He thought the bank was necessary and proper to carry out the government duties.
- This was the first election in 1796 where political parties competed. He was a Federalist, Jefferson was the Democrat-Republican candiate.
- Foreign alliances, no more than one political party, not to spend money we don't have
- Secretary of War - Henry Knox, Secretary of State - Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of Treasury - Alexander Hamilton, Advise the Govt. for legal Matters - Edomen Randolph
- it ended all major Indian hostilities in that region until Tecumsehs War and battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, the battle of Fallen Timbers occurred in 1794.
5 True/False questions
What are loose interpratations of the constitution and who favored each → is what Hamilton believed that the elastic clause in the document grants the congress power to use means necessary to carry out the power such as setting up the bank. Jefferson believed in in the narrow or strict power.
Virginia and Kentucky resolutions - what did the resolutions declare → targeted aliens (immigrants who were not yet citizens). One act incrsed the waiting period to become a citizen from 5 to 14 years. Other acts gave the president power to arrest disloyal alients or order them out of the country. A fourth act outlawed sedation - saying or writing anything false or harmful about the government.
Pinckney's Treaty- What did spain and the U.S. agree to? → to pay damages/fees for the us vessels the took.
What the Judiciary Act Established → Secretary of War - Henry Knox, Secretary of State - Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of Treasury - Alexander Hamilton, Advise the Govt. for legal Matters - Edomen Randolph
French Revolution- How did the French Revolution affect the US? → Washington urged on by Hamilton was prepared to enforce the tax and crush the Whiskey rebellion. They feared that not to act would weaken its authority.