5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- that the Alien and Sedation acts violated the constitution, no other states supported Kentucky and Virginia
- it ended all major Indian hostilities in that region until Tecumsehs War and battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, the battle of Fallen Timbers occurred in 1794.
- to pay damages/fees for the us vessels the took.
- three Agents known as X Y & Z told the americans that they would not get talks w/the French minister unless they loaned France 10 million $ and pay the minister a bribe of $250,000. Adams refused to pay. The US canceled its treaties w/France and allowed US ships to sieze french vessels.
- targeted aliens (immigrants who were not yet citizens). One act incrsed the waiting period to become a citizen from 5 to 14 years. Other acts gave the president power to arrest disloyal alients or order them out of the country. A fourth act outlawed sedation - saying or writing anything false or harmful about the government.
5 True/False questions
Pinckney's Treaty- What did spain and the U.S. agree to? → to pay damages/fees for the us vessels the took.
Washington's farewell address - What did Washington warn against in the farewell address? → to pay damages/fees for the us vessels the took.
French Revolution- How did the French Revolution affect the US? → It helped exports, it almost resulted in war between the US and Great Brittian, the US was able to make the Louisiana Purchase. Some engineers moved to the US.
Whisky Rebellion - What ended the Whiskey Rebellion → Washington urged on by Hamilton was prepared to enforce the tax and crush the Whiskey rebellion. They feared that not to act would weaken its authority.
Washington's Cabinet → Secretary of War - Henry Knox, Secretary of State - Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of Treasury - Alexander Hamilton, Advise the Govt. for legal Matters - Edomen Randolph