5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clara Barton
- Eli Whitney
- Denmark Vesey
- Henry Clay
- William Tecumseh Sherman
- a invented the cotton gin
- b won money in a street lottery, but was hung later for his part in trying to help slaves escape
- c senator from kentucky known as the "Great Compromiser", solved Missouri and California's issue of statehood
- d started the American Red Cross
- e Union general that led troops from Atlanta to the ocean and destroyed the Confederate Army
5 Multiple choice questions
- conductor for the underground railroad
- Colonel in the Illinois Infantry and 18th President of the U.S.
- fanatical abolitionist who joined the antislavery forces in Kansas, fought against proslavery settlers, more than 200 people were killed..."Bleeding Kansas"
- wrote "Twelve Years a Slave"
- born in new York a slave, became free and traveled to spread the abolitionist view, spoke out about women's rights
5 True/False questions
John C. Calhoun → fanatical abolitionist who joined the antislavery forces in Kansas, fought against proslavery settlers, more than 200 people were killed..."Bleeding Kansas"
Robert E. Lee → led 70 slaves in a revolt against slave owners in Virginia
Abraham Lincoln → started the American Red Cross
Fredrick Douglass → senator from Illinois that proposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, ran for president under the democratic ticket in the election of 1860
Zachary Taylor → started the American Red Cross