5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sojourner Truth
- Ulysses S Grant
- Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
- William Tecumseh Sherman
- Stephen Douglas
- a Confederate general who stood like a stone amid a shower of bullets
- b Union general that led troops from Atlanta to the ocean and destroyed the Confederate Army
- c Colonel in the Illinois Infantry and 18th President of the U.S.
- d born in new York a slave, became free and traveled to spread the abolitionist view, spoke out about women's rights
- e senator from Illinois that proposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, ran for president under the democratic ticket in the election of 1860
5 Multiple choice questions
- invented the cotton gin
- President of the Confederacy
- author of Uncle Tom's Cabin, a novel depicting the wrongs of slavery, caused the north to turn against the south
- General of the Confederate forces in Virginia. Surrendered at Appomattox Court House
- wrote "Twelve Years a Slave"
5 True/False questions
Denmark Vesey → senator from kentucky known as the "Great Compromiser", solved Missouri and California's issue of statehood
Harriet Tubman → conductor for the underground railroad
Nat Turner → led 70 slaves in a revolt against slave owners in Virginia
John Brown → slave who moved with his master to free territory, his master died and he sued for freedom, His case lost in the Supreme Court. Slaves were defined as property.
Zachary Taylor → hero of the Mexican War, owned a plantation in Louisiana, became president in 1848 died in office