5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stephen Douglas
- Zachary Taylor
- Eli Whitney
- Harriet Tubman
- Robert E. Lee
- a General of the Confederate forces in Virginia. Surrendered at Appomattox Court House
- b senator from Illinois that proposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, ran for president under the democratic ticket in the election of 1860
- c invented the cotton gin
- d conductor for the underground railroad
- e hero of the Mexican War, owned a plantation in Louisiana, became president in 1848 died in office
5 Multiple choice questions
- led 70 slaves in a revolt against slave owners in Virginia
- wrote "Twelve Years a Slave"
- President of the Confederacy
- author of Uncle Tom's Cabin, a novel depicting the wrongs of slavery, caused the north to turn against the south
- Colonel in the Illinois Infantry and 18th President of the U.S.
5 True/False questions
William Tecumseh Sherman → Union general that led troops from Atlanta to the ocean and destroyed the Confederate Army
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson → Confederate general who stood like a stone amid a shower of bullets
Sojourner Truth → wrote "Twelve Years a Slave"
Fredrick Douglass → senator from Illinois that proposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, ran for president under the democratic ticket in the election of 1860
Clara Barton → started the American Red Cross