Terms in this set (13)
What is a Metasploit module without a payload?
Defined as modules that use payloads?
Consists of code that runs remotely?
Ensure that payloads make it to their destination?
Keeps the payload size consistent?
Where is the primary module tree located?
What are the two ways to switch modules?
- directly enter into a new module
What command along with an IP address and a port number will allow you to connect to a report guest?
What command inserts a plug-in from Metasploits plugin directory?
What command will load a third party module tree?
What are the goals of exploit development?
What does the check() method do in an exploit and what is its purpose?
- verifies all options except for payloads
- purpose is to determine if the target is vulnerable or not
- returns a defined Check value
What are the return values for check()?
- CheckCode::Safe = not exploitable
- CheckCode::Detected = service detected
- CheckCode::Appears = vulnerable version
- CheckCode::Vulnerable = confirmed
- CheckCode::Unsupported = check not supported